Question for Scholl Students/Graduates?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StandFirm

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This question is relatively minor because I didn't want to annoy the financial aid councilor anymore with my incessant emails.

I got accepted to Scholl in January. By February, I had signed up for all the financial aid stuff I had to and yesterday I got my award letter. However, I noticed that I was allotted around $6,400 for the total transportation and "miscellaneous" costs for the next 10 months (Aug-May).

Here is the thing, I had a proper meal at Scholl for the $8 voucher when I came in for an interview (Sandwich, Gatorade and Doritos). Assuming I just eat Cafe food, that would lead up to an average of $7,200 alone ($8 x 3 x 30 days average x 10 months).

My question is what did you guys do for food? (I suppose I am wrong somewhere in my math and if not I could always ask for more of a loan, but I'd rather not do that). Did you guys prefer to cook instead? (How'd you find the time?) or did you go out to eat? (if yes, how time consuming was that?)

I'm sorry if its a stupid question. But I never asked them during undergrad and I had to learn the hard way. Also I'm sorry if its in the wrong forum, I have been around for a while but I just joined today.

(Huh, I sound like a Canadian with the amount of 'sorrys' in the last paragraph)

Members don't see this ad.

Cool, Thanks. Another question if I may:

What happens to the furniture after the first year? Do I have to give money to put it in storage or the apartment? I'm assuming yes, so can I get the money from the loans or do I have to pay myself?