Question for SDNers following SN2ed's schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KindofBlue

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I felt it was kind of unclear on SN2ed's post as to when you should review the problems,
e.g., on day 2, do you review the BR passages etc. you finished on day 1? How long do or should you generally take to review them?

For the EK 1001 series, are you supposed to use all four subjects? For some reason it seemed to me that you only needed Gchem, Ochem and physics, but now I'm suspecting you need all four..:confused:
And I guess that means on the days you do EK1001, you do all four subjects of EK 1001 plus the EK Bio 30 min. exams, right? (I'm guessing this is because bio is toughest..??)

This is a pretty dumb question, but when SN2ed says "discrete" problems, does that mean questions that are not based on passages? So when he/she says do every 1/3 of discretes, for example, do you go through Physics Ch 1 of TBR on Day 1, finish all questions pertaining to passages 1, 4, 7, etc. and then go to the last page of ch 1 to do every 1/3 of the non-passage based questions..?

Lastly, how much time do you think is the minimum needed between taking FLs? (for recuperating, reviewing etc.)
It seems like SN2ed recommends having at least two days between FLs; is that the general consensus here?
I was thinking of taking a day between FLs, so I could fit in some more AAMC FLs.

Sorry for asking so many questions out of the blue, but I couldn't (with my limited searching ability) find anything related to this in the forum..(still pretty new to this place..:D) So thanks ahead of time for your replies!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I felt it was kind of unclear as to when you should review the problems,
e.g., on day 2, do you review the BR passages etc. you finished on day 1? How long do or should you generally take to review them?

My understanding is that you review the passages you've done THAT day. As in, immediately after you've done them. You only wait to review things when it comes to your FLs (which you review the next day). And then at the end of each week, you also would "review" all the content you've read that week and do the 2/3.

For the EK 1001 series, are you supposed to use all four subjects? For some reason it seemed to me that you only needed Gchem, Ochem and physics, but now I'm suspecting you need all four..:confused:
And I guess that means on the days you do EK1001, you do all four subjects of EK 1001 plus the EK Bio 30 min. exams, right? (I'm guessing this is because bio is toughest..??)

Yes, all four. Physics, GChem, OChem, and Bio.

Lastly, this is a pretty dumb question, but when SN2ed says do 1/3 of the "discrete" problems, does that mean the questions that are not based on passages? So for example, when you go through Physics Ch 1 of TBR on Day 1, you finish all questions pertaining to passages 1, 4, 7, etc. and then go to the last page of ch 1 to do every 1/3 of the non-passage based questions..?

Yes, discrete = ones not based on passage. Also, I am not sure about the discretes, but splitting your discretes couldn't hurt. (Defer to other SDNers)

Wow, thanks a lot for the quick reply! That really helped clear up a lot of things.
Reviewing the BR passages right away does make a lot more sense..:)
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Most of your questions were in the first three posts of my schedule thread.

Under the Notes section:

- Thoroughly review ALL of your practice problems. Review your problems the day AFTER you take them. Don't even look at the answers until then. If there's a break day, review your problems on the day after your break.

If you really want to go over them the same day, do it. Definitely review the FL per schedule outline.

Under General Guidelines for Reviewing section:

- Reviewing should take 2-3 times longer than taking the timed practice problems.

About the AAMC FL, my schedule uses all of the currently available AAMC FLs.

Last edited:
Oh, ok, so whether it be FLs or BR passages, review them the next day, right?
I get it now. Thanks a lot SN2ed!

Hey everyone,

I felt it was kind of unclear on SN2ed's post as to when you should review the problems,

This is a pretty dumb question, but when SN2ed says "discrete" problems, does that mean questions that are not based on passages? So when he/she says do every 1/3 of discretes, for example, do you go through Physics Ch 1 of TBR on Day 1, finish all questions pertaining to passages 1, 4, 7, etc. and then go to the last page of ch 1 to do every 1/3 of the non-passage based questions..?

Lastly, how much time do you think is the minimum needed between taking FLs? (for recuperating, reviewing etc.)
It seems like SN2ed recommends having at least two days between FLs; is that the general consensus here?
I was thinking of taking a day between FLs, so I could fit in some more AAMC FLs.

Sorry for asking so many questions out of the blue, but I couldn't (with my limited searching ability) find anything related to this in the forum..(still pretty new to this place..:D) So thanks ahead of time for your replies!

I'm trying to use SN2ed's schedule, but I'm a bit unclear by how I should incorporate the EK 1001 books as you've mentioned in your post. Following the content review with BR books, are we supposed to do 1/3 of the passages in BR AND 1/3 of the passages in EK 1001, or just the BR passages?

*Edit: Actually, nevermind. I see where EK 1001 lies in the schedule. One question though. For the EK in-class exams, are they found in the EK content review books only, or are they in the EK 1001 books as well? I only have the EK bio book so far so I can't answer this for myself.

Last edited:
I'm trying to use SN2ed's schedule, but I'm a bit unclear by how I should incorporate the EK 1001 books as you've mentioned in your post. Following the content review with BR books, are we supposed to do 1/3 of the passages in BR AND 1/3 of the passages in EK 1001, or just the BR passages?

*Edit: Actually, nevermind. I see where EK 1001 lies in the schedule. One question though. For the EK in-class exams, are they found in the EK content review books only, or are they in the EK 1001 books as well? I only have the EK bio book so far so I can't answer this for myself.

I later found out that SN2ed stated that all questions about his schedule should be posted to his thread..:oops:

But anyway, since this is already here;
I believe the EK in-class exams are for Bio only, which you can find in the EK Bio content review book. Other subjects you just reread thoroughly and do the EK 1001, so you can check your knowledge on each subject covered in the chapter. At least that is what I believe SN2 was saying.

There was a question where SN2 answers why he doesn't use EK 1001 for bio, so I'm assuming you only use EK 1001 for the three subjects.
Hope this clarifies things!