Question for those that have taken the scored AAMC...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

somedudehere

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can you post how many questions correct you got (x/59 and x/53) and what score that correlated to?

Trying to get a baseline of where I am because EK exams I'm using only have % correct and no correlated score.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Can you post how many questions correct you got (x/59 and x/53) and what score that correlated to?

Trying to get a baseline of where I am because EK exams I'm using only have % correct and no correlated score.

Thanks!
If you take a look at the NextStep website you can sign up for a free MCAT diagnostic and 1 Full length exam. This exam has scoring scales based on the precise data released by the AAMC and students from the past year of testing. All of our exams do as well. You could get a reliable scoring scale that way if you like.

However, you should not shoot for some magic number of questions correct. Each AAMC exam you ever take, each MCAT you take, will have it's own unique scale based on the results of those who take it and the cohort data used to generate scaled scores. If EK exams do not provide a scaled score, it is likely because they are not confident in generating these numbers. Attaching a scaled score for a different exam will not hold all that much value.

The general consensus on SDN is that scoring 75+% on the EK exams is good, while 80%+ is very good and bodes well for your score. NextStep exams also correlate very well with student performance as our data so far suggests most do about 1-3 points better on the real MCAT compared to our exams. Consistency is key. Can you score equally well across multiple exams? If you can score near or at your desired score goal for 2 exams or more, then you can be more confident on test day.

Hope this helps, good luck!