Question for those who had a complete application but committee letter was missing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheDanger

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'd like some feedback from anyone who has an idea about this situation. Around mid-August my complete application was received by schools with a note from my undergrad indicating that my committee letter would be forthcoming (unfortunately I had to apply to the committee this September). My advisor told me that some schools would put my app to the side until my committee letter was received, and other schools would look at my app anyway and just make a decision off of that since they have all of my LOR.

I haven't gotten any interview invites, which is worrying me because my stats are slightly above average (3.7 GPA, 20 TS, 21 AA) so I'm wondering perhaps all of the schools are waiting for my committee letter, which was mailed out on 10/17. If this is the case then I'm super worried because it's so late in the cycle! Has anyone been in a similar situation? If so, can you name the specific schools that didn't wait or your committee letter and those that did? I know some schools just started sending out invitations, but I'm freaking out nonetheless!

Members don't see this ad.