Question from applicant from this cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Oblige

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if it's too early to send an update letter to medical schools. So far, I've received three rejections, but have not heard anything from other schools..

I was planning to write about tutoring and being involved in another research project.
What are your thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if it's too early to send an update letter to medical schools. So far, I've received three rejections, but have not heard anything from other schools..

I was planning to write about tutoring and being involved in another research project.
What are your thoughts?

Do you think those are significant enough for a school to change its decision or bump you up? It might be just me, but I don't believe in pre-interview updates unless it's major. Probably won't hurt you though, although I'm not sure.

Reactions: 1 users
Like the poster mentioned above only, significant things matter. Starting a new project or tutoring will probably not help as much because you just started and don't have much experience in them to write anything significant. Also, you got 3 rejections already so there were probably others things on your application that caused schools to deny you acceptance. Updating on these two will probably not help in that sense.

Reactions: 1 user