Question on FTD interested in doing Masters in US

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MELDEN

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a dentist from India currently practicing in Australia for the last 5 years.
I am keen to do my masters/ speciality in the US. I have a couple of questions and would appreciate any help/ pointers:
1. If I only want to do my Masters, i.e. not practice in the US then do I still need to take the NBDE? Or is NBDE typically a requirement to get admission to the Masters program?
2. Any recommendation on good dental schools that accept FTDs?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Cheers!

Members don't see this ad.

you still need to take NBDE and all schools accept FTD

Hi,
I'm a dentist from India currently practicing in Australia for the last 5 years.
I am keen to do my masters/ speciality in the US. I have a couple of questions and would appreciate any help/ pointers:
1. If I only want to do my Masters, i.e. not practice in the US then do I still need to take the NBDE? Or is NBDE typically a requirement to get admission to the Masters program?
2. Any recommendation on good dental schools that accept FTDs?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Cheers!

Not all schools require NBDE for MS/PhD, most of the ones I googled (used keywords: master programs requirements us dental) actually didn't have NBDE as a requirement for application for MS programs... =/

A lot of them, if not all, accept FTDs. I suggest you do some research on what area of concentration you want for your MS, and go from there. Check out the schools that offer that specific program and contact them directly, my only suggestion is that you go though the info they post on their webpages before, put some effort on getting to know and reading as much info as you can before contacting them.

Good luck.