Question on LECOM post-bacc vs UMDNJ-Dental Masters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

celtics-42

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a NJ resident and will be graduating in May. My cumulative GPA is 3.15 and science is 2.85 currently, hopeful of getting 3.0+ for science. However, I was looking into post-bacc/masters programs. Anyone have any experiences with these two programs also, how much do they help in getting students into dental schools? Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

LECOM guarantees you an acceptance with a 3.0 or higher and have a normal interview (as in don't show up in sweatpants). Yes that is for dental students as well. I know a few students that did the program last year and are now at LECOM.

LECOM guarantees you an acceptance with a 3.0 or higher and have a normal interview (as in don't show up in sweatpants). Yes that is for dental students as well. I know a few students that did the program last year and are now at LECOM.

On their site, it says guaranteed interview. Where did you find out about the guaranteed acceptance?

On their site, it says guaranteed interview. Where did you find out about the guaranteed acceptance?

Reach out to students who have done the program. The school isn't going to go out in public and say get a 3.0 and you're in, but it is implied during orientation (according to my friends who have done the program and who are currently in the program). Just have a normal interview. Over the past 5 years or so only 1 student didn't get in because they didn't take the interview seriously.

Last edited: