question on PCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pv214

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,

I'm studying and taking PCAT on jan 22nd,

on Biology section----are there lots of question on plants vs animal kingdom?

Chemistry-------- do we have to remember all the formula to for calculation such as question about calculating heat/energy, spectrum?

I got all A for orgo and general chemistry.....but I didn't do well in Bio....I graduated from college three years ago with a degree in Marketing...I'm getting so old :(...and now I want to do pharmacy school....my undergraduated GPA wasn't all that great, and my science GPA is considered okay...(3.4)....I'm so nervous about this whole thing, I just want to get into any pharmacy school that would take me....

I've read and most pple here scored like 90%+.....are you guys just really smart or the tests aren't as hard....I study from KAPLAN book and also my bf teaches MCAT for KAPLAN, he helps me with any questions I have....I have never taken the PCAT before, and Im so nervous........ any feed-back is greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I think that if you got an A in ochem you'll do fine on the chemistry section of the pcat. You should know the formula that lets you find the number of Carbons & Hydrogens in alkanes, alkenes, and alkynes. I took the test in Oct and than again in Nov. Biology was pretty general, with some genetic and microbio questions thrown in. I thought I failed the first time I took the test, but I ended up getting an 89% composite. Second time I got a 95. Good luck on your test!

Hi, i had a similar question regarding the formulas. I was just going over the math part of the Kaplan, and they give you all the formulas for cones, cylinders, etc. Do we really need to know all these? I can understand circles and squares, but do they expect us to know the formulas of all the shapes? Rhombus etc...?

Avicenna04 said:
Hi, i had a similar question regarding the formulas. I was just going over the math part of the Kaplan, and they give you all the formulas for cones, cylinders, etc. Do we really need to know all these? I can understand circles and squares, but do they expect us to know the formulas of all the shapes? Rhombus etc...?

I seem to recall the need for the formula for a cone, but I can not recall any others besides circle and square.