Question on post secondary transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tea guzzling traveler

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
It was recently brought to my attention that I am supposed to submit transcripts for even the time I was in high school if I was taking any community college classes. I took intro to physics on a very conceptual level, and got an A. I kind of took it for an equivalent to AP physics, because for the senior year I really wanted to take Honors Anatomy.

So a few questions:

A) Will having taken physics in CC (before senior year in high school), and then later in college (senior year) where I got A's both semesters, weaken my app overall, because they think that I am basically retaking physics (I didn't really have a choice, as the CC physics wouldn't have filled the prereq and college physics was both much harder and had a lab component)?

B) Will the class factor in BPCM? Will it factor into overall grades?

C) Should I get AP credits transferred over to my college transcript?

D) Do I need to get my EMT organization to send in a transcript if grading was P/F?

F) Do study abroad grades factor into overall GPA?

Thanks, and sorry in advance for all the questions, just trying to get my app in order well before we actually have to submit.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,
It was recently brought to my attention that I am supposed to submit transcripts for even the time I was in high school if I was taking any community college classes. I took intro to physics on a very conceptual level, and got an A. I kind of took it for an equivalent to AP physics, because for the senior year I really wanted to take Honors Anatomy. So a few questions:

A) Will having taken physics in CC (before senior year in high school), and then later in college (senior year) where I got A's both semesters, weaken my app overall, because they think that I am basically retaking physics (I didn't really have a choice, as the CC physics wouldn't have filled the prereq and college physics was both much harder and had a lab component)?

B) Will the class factor in BPCM? Will it factor into overall grades?

C) Should I get AP credits transferred over to my college transcript?

D) Do I need to get my EMT organization to send in a transcript if grading was P/F?

F) Do study abroad grades factor into overall GPA?
a) No.
b) Yes and yes.
c) If they don't appear on the college transcript, you won't get credit. If they don't reflect well on you grades-wise, refraining from doing so is a good idea. Some colleges only award credit and not a grade, which isn't going to hurt you and might help you graduate sooner.
d) Maybe. Yes, if a school gave the training, as opposed to some community organizations. P/F won't affect your GPA in any way regardless.
f) Only if they appear on the sponsoring US college's transcript. Sometimes only credit hours are awarded.