question reg. canadian DAt scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AGS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
just a quick question.
i am a canadian applicant applying to dental schools. i wrote canadian as well as american DAT. i did bad on my american one as compared to canadian DAT. i don't want to use my american DAT scores. i have filled in my canadian DAT scores but the american ones got automatically updated on aadas. what do i do? i hate my american DAT scores. want to use my Canadian DAT scores instead. please help

Members don't see this ad.

I think it's too late at this point (once it's been uploaded to aadsas). Nevertheless, it's probably a good thing, I mean, if the dental schools found out you took the american DAT and noticed that it was curiously absent from aadsas...well, witholding that kind of information would probably be frowned upon and end up doing more harm in the end. Just my opinion.

While at it, ask them to toss out all the grades you didn't like.

Members don't see this ad :)
As a Canadian applicant I know what you mean - which scores will they look at? You should contact the schools individually and ask them how they will address this. They might be willing to take the best scores, as some schools do that anyway for people who have taken the US DAT multiple times.

As a Canadian applicant I know what you mean - which scores will they look at? You should contact the schools individually and ask them how they will address this. They might be willing to take the best scores, as some schools do that anyway for people who have taken the US DAT multiple times.

the marks got uploaded themself. i didn't even touch them. i think i will call individual schools. since i will be sending my canadian scores individually to each school.

obviously your aDAT scores get updated automatically. Did you not register with AADSAS with your DENTPIN?

obviously your aDAT scores get updated automatically. Did you not register with AADSAS with your DENTPIN?

yes i did, thats y they were updates automatically