Question regarding acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Erli

Hmmm...immortal soul!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I plan to take the MCAT this year and I am wondering if it is true that the biggest hurdle is the path to getting a medical degree is the MCAT.

Erli

Members don't see this ad.

hmmm... i don't know about that

after the MCAT, you acutally have to get into med school, then you have to pass all the board exams, which are wayyyy harder than the MCAT

tinkerbelle said:
hmmm... i don't know about that

after the MCAT, you acutally have to get into med school, then you have to pass all the board exams, which are wayyyy harder than the MCAT

Yup, doesn't get any easier. The whole application process is a pain too. About the board exams, I have been told by many MSIII and doctors that feels the boards are easier because one knows what to study for on it. The MCAT on the other hand, can cover almost everything, so the exam is a bit more difficult to study for. In terms of difficulty of the actual test, I don't know.

Members don't see this ad :)
The MCAT is not that bad as far as standardized tests go. You can learn it. Just study hard and practice and you should be fine. Make sure you get your applications in early. The timing of your application can be as important as your MCAT and gpa for some schools.

Erli said:
Hi all,

I plan to take the MCAT this year and I am wondering if it is true that the biggest hurdle is the path to getting a medical degree is the MCAT.

Erli

Yes, I think it is. Remember, in medical school D = doctor and 6th percentile on the boards also = doctor. I know you shouldn't think this way, but it is the truth. :thumbup:

the mcat is easy. med school isn't.