Questions about AMCAS Course Work Section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Homer Simpson

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If the course name listed in the college's official course guide differs from the name that shows up on the transcript (in some cases the course name has changed since I took it), which should I list? If the course name on the transcript is abbreviated, do we keep the abbreviation in filling out AMCAS or expand the course name?

If I received credit for TAing a bio course and the course number is listed under the bio department, can I list this as a bio course or an education course?

Members don't see this ad.

Homer Simpson said:
If the course name listed in the college's official course guide differs from the name that shows up on the transcript (in some cases the course name has changed since I took it), which should I list? If the course name on the transcript is abbreviated, do we keep the abbreviation in filling out AMCAS or expand the course name?

If I received credit for TAing a bio course and the course number is listed under the bio department, can I list this as a bio course or an education course?

You should list the course as it appears on the transcript. You should expand the name when filling out AMCAS

I am not sure about your TAing a bio course. What does your transcript show. if it shows a bio course--then list as bio.

GujuMD said:
I am not sure about your TAing a bio course. What does your transcript show. if it shows a bio course--then list as bio.

Thanks for your help! The courses are listed under Bio, but I don't want a misclassification to hold up the process. Has anyone been in the same situation before? What did you put and did AMCAS correct it?