Questions about going forward with this cycle or waiting a year...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

genericscreenname

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
According to AAMC, they're processing applications that were submitted 7/28 so barring anything extraordinary with your verification, you should be verified by the end of the week. You'd certainly be able to submit secondaries starting before September.

Your stats are good, and if your EC's aren't restrictive - go for it. You have FAP, you can apply broadly. If you focus your time, completing 0.75 - 1 secondaries per day is very attainable.

Are all of your LOR's in?

Your GPA is good, your MCAT is good, but it is entirely up to you on how hard you work. Getting secondaries in by Mid Sept isnt that find behind the curve

I see, thanks for the feedback. If I decide to wait a year, or am not accepted this cycle, is there anything I should watch out for besides not improving my app/being a re-applicant?

According to AAMC, they're processing applications that were submitted 7/28 so barring anything extraordinary with your verification, you should be verified by the end of the week. You'd certainly be able to submit secondaries starting before September.

Your stats are good, and if your EC's aren't restrictive - go for it. You have FAP, you can apply broadly. If you focus your time, completing 0.75 - 1 secondaries per day is very attainable.

Are all of your LOR's in?

All but one. Four weeks isn't bad, I thought verification would take longer. Thanks.