Questions about NJ Licensure - Please Help~~~!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zntfo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am an out-of state student seeking licensure in NJ.

I just completed the online application on the "Division of Consumer Affairs" website and submitted the $125 application fee.

However, once I had paid, an entirely new checklist poped up with items such as "Notarized Application" - I thought I had sumitted the application online already. How do I get it notarized now? They also require a passport photo be attached to the application, which again I'm not sure how to deal with because I submitted the application online...

Another question is can you mail the official transscript to the Board of Pharmacy or it has to be sent directly from school?

Could someone from NJ help me with this please? I really appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

The notarized application is an outdated item that they have not removed from the checklist yet, you can ignore it as your electronic application takes its place.

The passport photo is a requirement that you need to meet. Essentially you need to mail a letter that has a passport photo, a copy of your birth certificate, the completed criminal background form and two checks made out to the state of New Jersey: one for $22 for a criminal background check and another for $70 for initial license fee. I would do sign receipt or certified mail so they cannot say "Hur dur we never got it send again please."

If you have no been licensed as a technician in New Jersey///haven't been finger printed yet you need to do that as well. I had that done previously so I cannot offer much guidance on that front. You are going to have to deal with the call center for information on that. I suggest calling a few times to get different call center workers as a cross reference of what to actually do since they are known to give bad advice.

Also, you should create your NABP account and pay for your tests right now so that NJ BoP gets all of your information at once. They are EXTREMELY slow to update things and will use pretty much every excuse possible to delay your application. (Yes, I am bitter, but I am not lying, I spent over an hour on the phone with the call center until they put me through to a BoP worker to generate my ATT, which had been sitting ungenerated for over a month. She ended up having to just check a box in my profile that was unchecked.)

Thank you sooooooo much TheGoatBoyy for the detailed information!!! That was extremely helpful!!! ^^

The notarized application is an outdated item that they have not removed from the checklist yet, you can ignore it as your electronic application takes its place.

The passport photo is a requirement that you need to meet. Essentially you need to mail a letter that has a passport photo, a copy of your birth certificate, the completed criminal background form and two checks made out to the state of New Jersey: one for $22 for a criminal background check and another for $70 for initial license fee. I would do sign receipt or certified mail so they cannot say "Hur dur we never got it send again please."

If you have no been licensed as a technician in New Jersey///haven't been finger printed yet you need to do that as well. I had that done previously so I cannot offer much guidance on that front. You are going to have to deal with the call center for information on that. I suggest calling a few times to get different call center workers as a cross reference of what to actually do since they are known to give bad advice.

Also, you should create your NABP account and pay for your tests right now so that NJ BoP gets all of your information at once. They are EXTREMELY slow to update things and will use pretty much every excuse possible to delay your application. (Yes, I am bitter, but I am not lying, I spent over an hour on the phone with the call center until they put me through to a BoP worker to generate my ATT, which had been sitting ungenerated for over a month. She ended up having to just check a box in my profile that was unchecked.)

Actually I have 2 more Qs if you could take a look:

1. Is it OK for me to include the official transcript in the same letter with passport photo, birth certificate etc? Or does it have to be sent by the school directly?

2. They have a requirement of a minimum of 1,440 intership hours. When you were applying for the license did you have to send something in to prove the amount of intership hours you had completed during school?

Thank you again for all the help!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry for the delayed response.

I honestly am not sure what the correct answer is to those questions. I had my school send the transcript over and I also had a copy sent to me in case they needed me to deliver for some unknown reason. I'd rather be safe than sorry and send it to them in the unopened official envelope from your school but I do not know if that is a requirement. I'd say call and ask, but I'd have my reservations about trusting what most of the call center employees say.

The internship hours were completely taken care of through my school. I think the NJBoP and Rutgers have an understanding that it gets bypassed for all Rutgers graduates because we all have to complete 1,600 APPE hours to graduate anyway.

Let me know how everything works out for you and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask me. I'll try to check back more frequently for you.

Thank you sooooooo much again! Sorry I haven't been checking this website lately...

Thanks to all your help I'm all ready (I think) to submit the documentations! It took me a while to collect everything that they require. I'll see how long it takes for me to get the ATT for NJ MPJE etc.

Sorry for the delayed response.

I honestly am not sure what the correct answer is to those questions. I had my school send the transcript over and I also had a copy sent to me in case they needed me to deliver for some unknown reason. I'd rather be safe than sorry and send it to them in the unopened official envelope from your school but I do not know if that is a requirement. I'd say call and ask, but I'd have my reservations about trusting what most of the call center employees say.

The internship hours were completely taken care of through my school. I think the NJBoP and Rutgers have an understanding that it gets bypassed for all Rutgers graduates because we all have to complete 1,600 APPE hours to graduate anyway.

Let me know how everything works out for you and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask me. I'll try to check back more frequently for you.

Hi friends .,I applied for nj pharmacist license . For background check update board of pharmacy are taking forever . It's almost two months . But board didn't update on my file . Anybody else face this situation ?

Hi everyone! I have a copy of 2014 Cifaldi's law book and I am looking to sell it. It's the go to source to prepare for NJ MPJE.

Just PM me if interested!

Hi Carbon14,

I actually do have another question about NJ licensure - I have passed NJ MPJE and on the website it says my application is pending board approval and initial license fee. Do you happen to know when the board sends out the temporary license (the "authorization to practice" before receiving the real license) - before or after I submit the initial license fee? The reason I am asking is I have called and talked to a representative, and I was told to wait for a letter from the board before submitting the initial license fee, but I need the license, or the temporary license if they have one urgently...

Thanks a lot!!!

zntfo, if you still have any questions specific for becoming a licensed pharmacist in NJ, feel free to PM me.

Hi, I'm in the same situation right now and I am wondering if you ever found out the answer to this question? Did you wait for the board to send a letter before submitting the initial license fee, or did you mail them a check as soon as everything else was updated? Thanks!

Hi Carbon14,

I actually do have another question about NJ licensure - I have passed NJ MPJE and on the website it says my application is pending board approval and initial license fee. Do you happen to know when the board sends out the temporary license (the "authorization to practice" before receiving the real license) - before or after I submit the initial license fee? The reason I am asking is I have called and talked to a representative, and I was told to wait for a letter from the board before submitting the initial license fee, but I need the license, or the temporary license if they have one urgently...

Thanks a lot!!!

How long did it take after you sent in the initial license fee for the board to send your license or a temporary? I sent my fee in 2 weeks ago and they still haven't cashed my check. :( Is this normal?