Questions about PsyD Program and school.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psychschool

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of John F. Kennedy University and their PsyD program? I am planning on entering their PsyD program in Fall 2015. My concern is the cost to complete it. It costs about 33K a year. The program is four years long plus one year of internship. I am currently in a different profession and would like to switch over to psychology and become a licensed psychologist. I am hoping that working as a psychologist and serving others for a living will give me more meaning in life. What you guys think? Is it worth it?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard of John F. Kennedy University and their PsyD program? I am planning on entering their PsyD program in Fall 2015. My concern is the cost to complete it. It costs about 33K a year. The program is four years long plus one year of internship. I am currently in a different profession and would like to switch over to psychology and become a licensed psychologist. I am hoping that working as a psychologist and serving others for a living will give me more meaning in life. What you guys think? Is it worth it?
The program is costly, has poor outcome data, and is (or recently was?) on probation. All huge red flags, IMO.

Reactions: 1 user