Questions for the Dental Schools During Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JPDMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am compiling a list of questions to as the ADCOMs during my interviews at the different schools. Does anyone have some they personally feel are good questions? I am going to ask about board pass rates, student teacher ratios, clinical experience, number of students who specialize, and some others what do you have?

Members don't see this ad.

honestly, be careful with YOUR questions..

you should have done your research cuz even the school websites talks about student/teacher ratio, percentage who specialize, clinic hours..etc...

those aren't very good to be honest..

honestly, be careful with YOUR questions..

you should have done your research cuz even the school websites talks about student/teacher ratio, percentage who specialize, clinic hours..etc...

those aren't very good to be honest..

hrm.. so what are good questions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly, all of those questions you listed- someone will ask them at every one of your interviews. Whether or not you ask them is irrelevant, because you will get them answered. Figure out why you want to go to a school. Are you only going there because the students there like it? because they have high board rates? Low tuition? Figure out whats important to you.

For me it was the technology in the clinics and how it compares with the 'real world'. (Digital vs film imaging for example)

a

Last edited:
yea, i wouldnt recommend asking questions where the answers are right on the website and other publications.

find something interesting about the school (new curriculum, emphasis on community service, etc) and elaborate on that

ask questions that pertain to your life and interests. if youve done research, ask about the studies underway at the school. if youve done missionary work, ask if there are programs where you can help overseas. blah blah

i have my interview tomorrow so ive been thinking of things to say