Questions regarding Lenox Hill Accreditation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SS Normandy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on a few things regarding Lenox Hill's IM program. The new PD sent out an e-mail earlier regarding the program's accredation status, stating the program currently has "accreditation with warning," with accreditation until the end of this year. They did have a site visit on January 21st of this year, where the program was reviewed again. My questions:

1) Does anyone know if they have been restored as full accreditation after the site visit?
2) Does being in a situation like this to begin with have implications for fellowship? Is this a major blemish for the program?
3) Is it alright to ask the PD or associate PDs on what the current status of the program is, assuming the site visit has been completed? I know this is a dumb question, but you know how we all are - I would like some assurance that asking such a question won't be looked upon unfavorably.

I would like to be in the city so I am considering Lenox Hill, but since I'm relatively clueless as far as administrative issues go, or their implications, I wanted to get your input.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
if they had their visit in late january, they probably don't know the results of that visit.

if the program is put on probation, they are required to notify all applicants that there is a change in accreditation status.
depends on the deficiency, but generally its not a good sign that a program has a ding on their accreditation…not something that is done easily by the ACGME…i don't thing it will necessarily have any greater impact on fellowship than the program would generally impact fellowship.

you can check the ACGME site on programs and see if there is any update on the program.

hopefully the info will be out before the last day to certify your ROL, but the site committee may not really take that into consideration in getting the report out.

The Lenox Hill Medicine program has restored FULL ACCREDITATION. 15 of 16 citations have been resolved.