Questions to Ask a Visiting School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BelieveMeChile

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the next couple of weeks my university will be visited by both Campbell University and (I believe) the new DO school that will be opening in St George. What might be some good questions to ask these schools, having next to no knowledge of them? Especially a school that is matriculating its first class next year?

Edit: I think I should add that I am interested in both of these programs, and will likely apply to them come application time!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I noticed that no one has responded to this thread. I'd personally ask the students that attend the school. That way you dont get the biased bs.

Well I figure it'd be a good opportunity to meet with people that might be responsible with admissions, get my foot in the door and such. I'd obviously ask the students themselves their opinion on the school itself (except for the new school in south Utah... If I go there I'd be part of the first round of students!).

Members don't see this ad :)
Here's some things to ask:

-what are you looking in an applicant/what is your mission statement?
-what type of 1st/2nd year curriculum is it? (traditional, organ system, etc)
-quarter system or semester system?
-is the grading system pass/fail or ABCDF or percentage based?
-what kind of help/tutoring is available on campus?
-is there board prep built into the curriculum?
-what materials does the school offer for board prep?
-are you required to have an ipad/specific technology?

-does your school offer any research?
-what sort of affiliation do you have with X undergraduate school that is close by?

-where are 3rd/4th year rotations held?
-how is it decided who goes where?
-what mandatory rotations are there?
-how many elective rotations are there?
-how can i contact current/former students?

-what kind of neighborhood are you in?
-town/city/etc?
-what kind of housing options are there?

and there's always things you can ask that are very specific to the school...."Tell me more about your .... program or your ... fellowship or your .... honors track.

Reactions: 1 user
Here's some things to ask:

-what are you looking in an applicant/what is your mission statement?
-what type of 1st/2nd year curriculum is it? (traditional, organ system, etc)
-quarter system or semester system?
-is the grading system pass/fail or ABCDF or percentage based?
-what kind of help/tutoring is available on campus?
-is there board prep built into the curriculum?
-what materials does the school offer for board prep?
-are you required to have an ipad/specific technology?

-does your school offer any research?
-what sort of affiliation do you have with X undergraduate school that is close by?

-where are 3rd/4th year rotations held?
-how is it decided who goes where?
-what mandatory rotations are there?
-how many elective rotations are there?
-how can i contact current/former students?

-what kind of neighborhood are you in?
-town/city/etc?
-what kind of housing options are there?

and there's always things you can ask that are very specific to the school...."Tell me more about your .... program or your ... fellowship or your .... honors track.

You rock! I had a few questions in mind but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any glaring questions that would be good to know. Thanks a lot man! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Look for my post on: Goro’s guide to YOUR interview questions

In the next couple of weeks my university will be visited by both Campbell University and (I believe) the new DO school that will be opening in St George. What might be some good questions to ask these schools, having next to no knowledge of them? Especially a school that is matriculating its first class next year?

Edit: I think I should add that I am interested in both of these programs, and will likely apply to them come application time!

Reactions: 1 users