Quick Math

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maverick56

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know a program (maybe even a game) that I can practice with (10 mins a day) each day to keep my quick calculation skills fresh?

1. Some Mcat topics/questions are not calculation heavy, so skills can get rusty

Members don't see this ad.

Highly recommend you do Lumosity then. And if you can, do the practice things as fast as possible on Khan Academy.
For lumosity specifically, every time you play the game, only move on until you got your high score that day so each day you are really improving. Also, lumosity is hella fun haha.

Does anyone know a program (maybe even a game) that I can practice with (10 mins a day) each day to keep my quick calculation skills fresh?

1. Some Mcat topics/questions are not calculation heavy, so skills can get rusty

Pick up the EK 1001 physics book. It has a lot of problems that are simple calculations. I mean, these are the problems that you are going to be doing so you can practice them and do them quickly.

Also, try changing up the numbers and calculate the answers then.

Finally, I feel like a lot of questions on the MCAT were asking about relationships between two things. If you memorize the equations, you can find out how the relationships change. For example, question will often say things like this: if you double the mass and fourth the force, what happens to the acceleration?