Quick personal opinion on Achiever

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Arti Mistry

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just had a quick opinion for those of you who have used achiever and taken the actual DAT. I've been using achiever and they seem really really hard I haven't been scoring any higher than 17/18 on my AA and my exams in a week i'm starting to get worried. Should I consider pushing it back? I've heard achiever was a lot more difficult than the actual DAT but I wanted to get a second opinion. Thanks so much

Members don't see this ad.

Nope you're completely fine. If you score above 15 on each section for Achiever, you're likely to be scoring 20+ on the real thing. Achiever is literally 50 times more difficult than the real thing and if you can score above a 20 on any given section that translates roughly to 25+ on the real thing. At least for me it did.

Although you should probably try another practice test to confirm, I believe Bootcamp has been said to be comparable to the real thing.

Reactions: 2 users
Yes, achiever was much harder than the real DAT. I did 3-4 points better on most sections. I got to a point though where it was almost too frustrating though, and stopped using it as much. Mostly I used an old Kaplan book and Crack the DAT.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I scored 20+ in all sections on the DAT, but got 15s and 16s across the boards on achiever so you might be in good shape. I used topscore as well and that was much more reflective of the scores I got.

Achiever killed my confidence when I was preparing for the DAT.... I never score above 18 on the Achiever but I did well on the real thing. Achiever is ten times harder and you will be fine

Achiever almost made me postpone my DAT but I was glad I didn't. I think my achiever scores were closer to 15.

Yes, achiever was much harder than the real DAT. I did 3-4 points better on most sections. I got to a point though where it was almost too frustrating though, and stopped using it as much. Mostly I used an old Kaplan book and Crack the DAT.

Yeah i'm beginning to get very frustrated also, I keep reviewing the topics that I don't do so well on in achiever and I take another practice exam and my score ends up being very similar as opposed to increasing like I would hope =\

Yeah i'm beginning to get very frustrated also, I keep reviewing the topics that I don't do so well on in achiever and I take another practice exam and my score ends up being very similar as opposed to increasing like I would hope =\

You'll be fine!! I just took my DAT last Friday and got a 19 AA and a 20TS. My scores on Achiever were a 17 and a 15 AA. You will probably do very well on the actual DAT!

I felt DAT Achiever was a complete waste of $140! I only took 3 out of the 7 tests because it killed all of the confidence I had. At one point I got a 13 on the Bio. On the actual DAT I got a 22 on Bio. I never scored above a 16 and got a 21 on the real thing.

I felt pretty miserable after the DAT achiever tests, still remember sitting in my car at the testing center parking lot considering driving off (and becoming a trucker?), ended up with a 22AA. My advice, please take it with a grain of salt since everyone is different, is sit through each practice test to it's entirety (definitely take the built in 15 min, 5 min breaks), as if you are taking the actual DAT and try to improve. I want to say I took five full practice tests the week before my DAT, this really helped me with endurance. I used achiever, topscore (which a lot of people say gives you a more accurate score yet mine was still somewhat low), started off with kaplan (I don't think this goes in-depth enough) and listened to a lot of MCAT audio osmosis (I think their advice on the reading section got me a 25RC).

Last edited: