Quick question - May 15th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

guga282

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering, do the schools you've been waitlisted at see where you have accepted your offer?

Members don't see this ad.

guga282 said:
I was wondering, do the schools you've been waitlisted at see where you have accepted your offer?

Do you mean which school you're accepted to? I think as of early April they could see where you are holding acceptances....

May 15 everyone shows their cards but you can have one acceptance and multiple waitlists. Just not multiple acceptances.

Members don't see this ad :)
JonnyG said:
May 15 everyone shows their cards but you can have one acceptance and multiple waitlists. Just not multiple acceptances.

Where does it say that you can't have multiple acceptances?

http://www.aamc.org/students/applying/policies/acceptprocedures.pdf

I hope this link will work. If you try and hold multiple acceptances after May 15, those schools WILL contact you and tell you to make a decision (I know someone who was contacted last year for holding acceptances at 2 schools). I'm not sure but I think that if you continue to hold multiple acceptances after May 15, the schools at which you are accepted can revoke your acceptance and give it to another student. Basically you need to decide so that the schools can clear up their waitlists, etc.

nala said:

I hope this link will work. If you try and hold multiple acceptances after May 15, those schools WILL contact you and tell you to make a decision (I know someone who was contacted last year for holding acceptances at 2 schools). I'm not sure but I think that if you continue to hold multiple acceptances after May 15, the schools at which you are accepted can revoke your acceptance and give it to another student. Basically you need to decide so that the schools can clear up their waitlists, etc.

thanks everyone!

guga282 said:
thanks everyone!

yes, i was holding multiple acceptances at that time last year. they basically emailed me and told me I needed to make a decision within the next week (but did not say the consequences if i did not comply).

Can you w/draw via email or is that a faux pas?

nala said:

The AAMC adopts and recommends specific guidelines for both applicants and medical school admissions officers regarding the admissions process. Here is the link to those guidelines:
http://www.aamc.org/students/applyi...ionofficers.htm

The following is an excerpt:

"The AAMC recommends that:
Each school:
1. Between August 1 and March 15 notify the AAMC Section for Medical School Application Services of all admission actions within four weeks of those actions being taken.
2. Between March 16 and the first day of class, notify the AAMC Section for Medical School Application Services of all admission actions within seven days of those actions being taken."

Additionally, though I did not see this on the AMCAS site (but didn't look for it ), I have heard (from an ADCOM) that AMCAS has a new policy in place that if you are holding multiple acceptances after June 15 all of your acceptances will be revoked.

crys20 said:
Can you w/draw via email or is that a faux pas?

i did, but all the schools where I was holding acceptances asked me via email for my decision.