Quick question regarding class structure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twizzlers713

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i may be taking pchem this coming fall, and i'm looking at the class schedule, and there's both lecture and recitation. Of course there is lab, and I'm wondering what exactly recitation means, and how is it different from lecture? I'm pretty solid on what lecture and lab mean :cool: so thanks for any info

edit: i've heard A&P 1 and 2 are easier when they're done by a kinesiology dept as opposed to a bio dept. confirm or deny?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Recitation is a smaller group meeting. My chem series had recitations that met in addition to the lecture and lab components. This is generally the time to ask questions and for a more indepth study of the material. Usually they are mandatory, but also very helpful. I would call the schools where you plan on applying, they may have specific requirements on which departments you should take classes from.

i may be taking pchem this coming fall, and i'm looking at the class schedule, and there's both lecture and recitation. Of course there is lab, and I'm wondering what exactly recitation means, and how is it different from lecture? I'm pretty solid on what lecture and lab mean :cool: so thanks for any info

edit: i've heard A&P 1 and 2 are easier when they're done by a kinesiology dept as opposed to a bio dept. confirm or deny?