quick question regarding retake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

papoosh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
So im in the process of retaking a bunch of classes and doing very well. one of these classes is orgo. I took orgo at another school where the lecture was 3 credits, and the lab was 2 credits. At the current school where i am the lecture is 4 credits and lab is 1.
The trouble is im not retaking the lab portion because i got an A in it. So when i add my transcript later this year, orgo is gonna end up being 6 credits. Is AACOMAS going to be ok with that? using my old lab grade with the new lecture grade?
i want to specify lab and lecture are different at both schools. thank you guys so much

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure there won't be any problem with your old lab grade and your new lecture grade being used. That'll be the case for me when I apply since my new classes are lecture/lab combo. As long as the new lecture course is equal or more units and the same content as the first course.

Reactions: 1 user
do you guys know of someone who already did this before? I'm also trying to retake the class portion of Chem II (3 credits) by taking a combo (4 credits) at a community college. I got an A in the lab portion, but don't know if having two labs (the one I already had an A in, and the one in the lecture + lab combo) is ok.

Members don't see this ad :)
do you guys know of someone who already did this before? I'm also trying to retake the class portion of Chem II (3 credits) by taking a combo (4 credits) at a community college. I got an A in the lab portion, but don't know if having two labs (the one I already had an A in, and the one in the lecture + lab combo) is ok.

I did it and it was fine for me, to make matters more complicated, I was on the quarter system before but so long as the retake involves equal or more hours (once they are all converted to semester hours) you will be ok.

I did it and it was fine for me, to make matters more complicated, I was on the quarter system before but so long as the retake involves equal or more hours (once they are all converted to semester hours) you will be ok.

I didn't want to start a new thread so i guess i'll just post it here. I know many of us are familiar with the grade replacement policy where it states " if the retaken course is more than or equal to the hours of the previous course, you can replace it." However i talked to AACOMAS about this subject and they said that it is usually true that the hours need to be equal or more than the previous course to replace but in case of courses+lab classes you can replace them individually.

So if you have taken Bio 1 with lab (4 hour class) you can replace it with a 3hr Bio lecture and 1hr Bio lab classes. The reason being is because when you enter the grades into AACOMAS, every 4 hour class that is a combined lab and lecture course need to be broken down separately, meaning if you have taken a 4 hour lecture that consist of 3 hr Bio and 1 hr Bio lab together it must appear separately.

Hope this made sense. I needed to clarify this with AACOMAS so I talked to 2 different representatives.