Quick question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nicekid23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello everyone,

forgive me if this has been asked many times but I am currently going to be a student in a postbacc program this fall. The program charges instate tuition for everyone (UMD SIE) during the fall and spring semesters.Outside of the fall and spring the program charges based on your residency status( I am a DC resident). To save money I wanted to know if undergrad schools allow people with degrees already to take classes in the winter of summer by enrolling as possibly a visiting student? I am aware that you can apply as a visiting student during undergrad but i was not sure if schools allow you to take some classes when you have a degree without enrolling in any program. For instance, take classes at my postbac program in the fall and spring and then take CC classes in the winter or summer

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hello everyone,

forgive me if this has been asked many times but I am currently going to be a student in a postbacc program this fall. The program charges instate tuition for everyone (UMD SIE) during the fall and spring semesters.Outside of the fall and spring the program charges based on your residency status( I am a DC resident). To save money I wanted to know if undergrad schools allow people with degrees already to take classes in the winter of summer by enrolling as possibly a visiting student? I am aware that you can apply as a visiting student during undergrad but i was not sure if schools allow you to take some classes when you have a degree without enrolling in any program. For instance, take classes at my postbac program in the fall and spring and then take CC classes in the winter or summer

thanks
Look into the schools where you're thinking of taking classes over winter/summer and see what their policies are for non-matriculated students (or students not in a formal major/program). Usually you just fill out a form and have the department chair/dean approve you as a non-matriculated student - however in most schools I looked into before for this, you get last priority for registration.

CCs are different in that you just apply for the specific term and register for classes, no approval of the dean/dept chair needed. However a lot of CCs have limited budgets and offer way less classes during winter and summer, so you might have to work around whatever schedule they offer.