Quick Quick Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jezzielin

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it tacky to put a quote at the end of an essay for the secondaries??? :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

I probably wouldn't do it, but if it's a good quote and it fits I don't think it's a terrible idea. Better than putting it at the beginning like a cliched 5th grade essay.

willthatsall said:
I probably wouldn't do it, but if it's a good quote and it fits I don't think it's a terrible idea. Better than putting it at the beginning like a cliched 5th grade essay.

:laugh:

Man, I pulled some cheesy **** :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
MoosePilot said:
:laugh:

Man, I pulled some cheesy **** :laugh:

Haha, I remember talking to one of the deans at my school who used to teach chemistry and be on the pre-med committee about applying to med schools and his first advice was, "Man, make sure your personal statement is original. And don't start it with a quotation. You wouldn't believe how many of those damn things I've had to read that start with a quotation and all sound the same." I couldn't believe anyone really did that anymore. My middle school and high school teachers use to tell us to stop doing that way back in the day. I wonder who invented that strategy. I mean, as badly as it is cliched now, it had a lot of good years in it.

Yea, right after I posted this I decided not to and made it sound just fine without it :laugh: lol...

thanks though!