Quinnipiac Medical Laboratory Sciences (MHS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luisr1721

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I was recently accepted into this program and was wondering if there are any current/former students who are willing to share their experiences about this Master's program? I've heard great things about Quinnipiac and its MHS program and would love to hear more from any current or former students.

Has anyone else been accepted to this program? Or it's thinking about applying?

Luis

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Everyone,
I was recently accepted into this program and was wondering if there are any current/former students who are willing to share their experiences about this Master's program? I've heard great things about Quinnipiac and its MHS program and would love to hear more from any current or former students.

Has anyone else been accepted to this program? Or it's thinking about applying?

Luis
Hi Luis I was also accepted into the MHS program and I am very excited about attending. If you have any new info on other people experiences please share!

Hi Proverbs,
Congrats on being accepted. Are you waiting on another programs? If you dont mind me asking, why are you attending this program?
I dont have any info from former students. There is a current student who is very happy with the program, faculty and its resources. I went to school last week and met with Kristin from graduate admissions who was very lovely and helpful and with Dr. Metil one of the professors. Kristin showed me around campus which is amazing and gave me some information about it. Dr. Metil was very informative as well and honest about the program, the differences between the thesis and nonthesis option and about the curriculum.
Have you gone to school or spoke with Dr. Boucaud?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Luis,

Congrats on your acceptance as well. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to visit yet I live in Chicago. I am waiting for an email response from Dr. Boucaud. My purpose for attending is for academic enhancement and no I am committing to this program. What did you learn about the differences of the thesis vs. non thesis track? What was Dr. Metil's honest opinion about the program?

Hi,

I recently accepted admissions to the MLS program at Quinnipiac for Fall 2015. I would love to hear from former students, please.

Also, please share Dr. Metil's opinion about the program.

Thanks!

I'm a graduate from the MHS program. I really enjoyed my time at QU, and the program was really benificial to me. QU as a whole is a lot smaller than my undergraduate school so the smaller class sizes were a plus. As far as difficulty compared to undergrad, I found that the course material is more intense, as can be expected but I wasn't enrolled in as many courses at any one time compared to undergrad. I didn't take more than 3 grad courses at any one time as I was working at the time and commuting on the days that I had class. With that said I'd say that undergrad was more difficult for me overall. Anyway if you have any questions feel free to contact me. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user