Quitting volunteering?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FireandIce128

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've been volunteering at a hospital since December 2014. As of now, I have over 150 hours. (Could've been 200 but I was on leave the whole summer studying for the DAT).

The thing is, my course load is getting heavy and I have 3 club leadership positions, not to mention I have a job and need to start focusing on getting more dental shadowing hours soon.

Don't get me wrong, I really like volunteering because of the overall patient experience. I see a diverse amount of people all the time given it is a well-known hospital in a well-known city, and getting to talk with different patients while they tell me about their lives is a very unique opportunity. It's an amazing experience, no doubt, but now, school and extracurriculars are getting more busy then ever. When it gets to the part where I don't feel excited to volunteer anymore because I'm so busy, should I just call it quits?

Also, given that I only have 150 hours and it's been practically a year and a half, will D-schools expect me to have like over 200 or something?

I would very much like some feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

No. It's fine. If time is limited, and you have to stop, it's ok.

Reactions: 3 users
You'll be fine. I wouldn't worry about it for a second.

Reactions: 1 users
Remember what we said about grades dude? Don't overwhelm yourself :)

Reactions: 1 user