Quote of the Day

People who boast about their I.Q. are losers.
Stephen Hawking

Members don't see this ad.

People who boast about their I.Q. are losers.
Stephen Hawking
lol....(If there was a reference...I totally got the reference, if there wasn't...just pretend I didn't say that ;) )

"Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest."
― Larry Lorenzoni

"With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come."
― William Shakespeare

"The way to beat Luke," he said. "If I'm right, it's the only way you'll stand a chance."
I took a deep breath. "Okay. I'm listening."
Nico glanced inside my room. His eyebrows furrowed.
"Is that...is that blue birthday cake?"
He sounded hungry, maybe a little wistful. I wondered if the poor kid had ever had a birthday party, or if he'd ever even been invited to one.
:Come inside for cake and ice cream," I said. "It sounds like we've got a lot to talk about."

― Rick Riordan

"Laughter is an instant vacation."
- Milton Berle

"The thing I love most about going on vacation is that I get to leave behind any kind of schedule. My entire life is scheduled from morning to night, and when I'm on vacation, there is no schedule."
- Kelly Clarkson

Members don't see this ad :)
“Only as high as I reach can I grow
Only as far as I seek can I go
Only as deep as I look can I see
Only as much as I dream can I be”
- Karen Ravn

“Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't”
- Jerry Rice

"Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habit. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny."

"Life is like a piano,
the white keys represent happiness and the black shows sadness,
but as you go through life's journey,
remember that the black keys also makes music."

I know...and I am soooo sorry. :(

Here are quotes for YESTERDAY and TODAY

"Dumbledore says people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right."
― J.K. Rowling

"Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this. Men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget."
― Robert Jordan

"True forgiveness is when you can say, "Thank you for that experience."
― Oprah Winfrey

"Forgiveness is not an occasional act, it is a constant attitude."
― Martin Luther King, Jr.

"To be wronged is nothing, unless you continue to remember it."
― Confucius

"I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free."
- Nikos Kazantzakis

"We must be willing to pay a price for freedom."
- H. L. Mencken

So...for 10 days I won't be posting quotes, because I am going to be in a WiFi free location....-___-

"Put in work, guarantee it'll show"
- Dizzy Wright lol

"The pain you feel today will be the strength you feel tomorrow"

"Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret"

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
Albert Einstein

When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.
Confucius

“Happiness doesn't result from what we get, but from what we give.”
― Ben Carson

“If we recognize our talents and use them appropriately, and choose a field that uses those talents, we will rise to the top of our field.”
― Ben Carson

If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.
Michael Jordan

If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.
Michael Jordan

Good quote man, my favorite Jordan one is this

"I can accept failure... But i can't accept not trying"

"Obsessed is the word the lazy use to describe the dedicated"
- I don't know

Members don't see this ad :)
When a man tells you that he got rich through hard work, ask him: 'Whose?'
Don Marquis

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
Bill Cosby

“You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the **** on.”
― Tupac Shakur

“You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the **** on.”
― Tupac Shakur

TheRockApplauds.gif

"The more you sweat in training, the less you will bleed in battle."
- Motto of Navy Seals

"Train beyond the pain, until death is your only release"

“You never know how much you really believe anything until its truth or falsehood becomes a matter of life and death to you.”
― C.S. Lewis

“No matter how many plans you make or how much in control you are, life is always winging it.”
― Carroll Bryant

Since futuresurgeon00 isn't here.... I'll contribute in her honor :)

There's lots of people in this world who spend so much time watching their health that they haven't the time to enjoy it.

~Josh Billings

Since futuresurgeon00 isn't here.... I'll contribute in her honor :)

at least she'll be back soon.

i'm starting to see how easy it is to forget to post this, even though i have a lot of free time lol

Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.
Albert Einstein

He who opens a school door, closes a prison.
Victor Hugo

We are taught you must blame your father, your sisters, your brothers, the school, the teachers - but never blame yourself. It's never your fault. But it's always your fault, because if you wanted to change you're the one who has got to change.
Katharine Hepburn

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong.
Abraham Lincoln

A man who won't die for something is not fit to live.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
Leonardo da Vinci

Happy are those who dare courageously to defend what they love.
Ovid

A man always has two reasons for doing anything: a good reason and the real reason.
J. P. Morgan

We'll pick up the slack for you :)

Since futuresurgeon00 isn't here.... I'll contribute in her honor

You all are seriously amazing :) Thanks for picking up the slack and keeping the thread going....(I have to admit I did expect to have to search through the first 5 pages for the thread or just search for it :oops:)....:)

So...in case you haven't realized....I'M BACK -___- (happy yet sad about it) -__-

Almost forgot! Here are my quotes for the day:

"Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into flame by another human being. Each of us owes deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this light."
- Albert Schweitzer

"Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses."
- Alphonse Karr

"When you practice gratefulness, there is a sense of respect toward others."
- Dalai Lama

thank god :D
LOL

Here are today's quotes:

"The imagination exercises a powerful influence over every act of sense, thought, reason, -- over every idea."
- Latin Proverb

"Solitude is as needful to the imagination as society is wholesome for the character."
- James Russel Lowell

"Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead."
-Louisa May Alcott

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
-Albert Einstein

lol

here are today's quotes:

"the imagination exercises a powerful influence over every act of sense, thought, reason, -- over every idea."
- latin proverb

"solitude is as needful to the imagination as society is wholesome for the character."
- james russel lowell

"far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but i can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead."
-louisa may alcott

"imagination is more important than knowledge."
-albert einstein

she's back! :)

LOL
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
-Albert Einstein

I remember reading Outliers by Malcolm Galdwell, and this seemed to be one of the more important points he was trying to make.

Today's Quotes:

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams."
― Oprah Winfrey

"And in the end it is not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years."
― Abraham Lincoln

"Don't get attached to moments. Good or bad, they all pass."
~ Yasmin Mogahed

Today's Personal Fave:

"You never have to worry about people hating on you. How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours."

Today's Quotes:

"Eighty percent of success is showing up."
- Woody Allen

"I do not want people to be agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them."
- Jane Austen

"Force is all-conquering, but its victories are short-lived."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Your determination is your greatest motivation."
- Destiny

"I dont want to run away by myself, because no matter what, I'd rather be together with everyone."
- Japam R1004

Last edited:
"Leaders don't force people to follow – they invite them on a journey."
- Charles S. Lauer

''We cannot waste time. We can only waste ourselves''.
- George Matthew Adams

"Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence."
- George Washington

"True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity, before it is entitled to the appellation."
- George Washington

"It is better to be alone than in bad company."
- George Washington

"If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich."
- John F. Kennedy

"The best road to progress is freedom's road."
- John F. Kennedy

"Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity."
- John F. Kennedy

"Modern cynics and skeptics... see no harm in paying those to whom they entrust the minds of their children a smaller wage than is paid to those to whom they entrust the care of their plumbing."
- John F. Kennedy

"Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes."
- Confucius

"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it."
- Confucius

"To see what is right and not to do it is want of courage."
- Confucius

Today's Personal Fave:

"Men's natures are alike, it is their habits that carry them far apart."
- Confucius

"You cannot change what you refuse to confront."

"Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."

"Making one person smile can change the world – maybe not the whole world, but their world."

Personal Fave of Today:

"If a person wants to be a part of your life, they will make an obvious effort to do so. Think twice before reserving a space in your heart for people who do not make an effort to stay."

I completely forgot to do this yesterday...studying for A.Functions and Chem does this to a person ;( Sorry :(

Quotes:

"Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn't stop for anybody."
― Stephen Chbosky

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself."
― Leo Tolstoy

"The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking."
― Albert Einstein

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."
― Nelson Mandela

"Change will not come if we wait for some other person, or if we wait for some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
― Barack Obama

Personal Favourite of the Day:

"Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do."
― Apple Inc.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."
- Nelson Mandela

"If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart."
- Nelson Mandela

"It always seems impossible until its done."
- Nelson Mandela

"To die would be an awfully big adventure."
― J.M. Barrie

"When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You know that your name is safe in their mouth."
― Jess C. Scott

"Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness. Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could."
― Louise Erdrich

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
― A.A. Milne

So I completely forgot....but you can blame it all on @Arijos0222....(it's always his fault)

"In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"I always knew looking back on the tears would make me laugh, but I never knew looking back on the laughs would make me cry."

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching."
- Randall G Leighton

"When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile."

"Eleven Hints for Life"

1. It hurts to love someone and not be loved in return. But what is more painful is to love someone and never find the courage to let that person know how you feel.

2. A sad thing in life is when you meet someone who means a lot to you, only to find out in the end that it was never meant to be and you just have to let go.

3. The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.

4. It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

5. It takes only a minute to get a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, and a day to love someone-but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.

6. Don't go for looks, they can deceive. Don't go for wealth, even that fades away. Go for someone who makes you smile because it takes only a smile to make a dark day seem bright.

7. Dream what you want to dream, go where you want to go, be what you want to be. Because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.

8. Always put yourself in the other's shoes. If you feel that it hurts you, it probably hurts the person too.

9. A careless word may kindle strife. A cruel word may wreck a life. A timely word may level stress. But a loving word may heal and bless.

10. The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.

11. Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, ends with a tear. When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're the one smiling and everyone around you is crying.

"History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives."
~Abba Eban

"Force is all-conquering, but its victories are short-lived."
~Abraham Lincoln

"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends."
~Abraham Lincoln

"We must recognize the chief characteristic of the modern era--a permanent state of what I call violent peace."
~Admiral James D. Watkins

"I have made good judgments in the Past. I have made good judgments in the Future."
- Dan Quayle

"The future will be better tomorrow."
- Dan Quayle

"We don't want to go back to tomorrow, we want to go forward."
- Dan Quayle

"Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children."
- Dan Quayle

I am horrible...yes I admit it....I am sooo sorry...:(

"Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it."
- Helen Keller

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved."
- Helen Keller

"College isn't the place to go for ideas."
- Helen Keller

"Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn whatever state I am in, therin to be content."
- Helen Keller

"I do not want the peace which passeth understanding, I want the understanding which bringeth peace."
- Helen Keller

"One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar."
- Helen Keller

"People do not like to think. If one thinks, one must reach conclusions. Conclusions are not always pleasant."
- Helen Keller

"Self-pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can never do anything good in the world."
- Helen Keller

"Smell is a potent wizard that transports you across thousand of miles and all the years you have lived."
- Helen Keller

I'm kind of obsessed with Albert Einstein quotes, so the majority of these will be by him.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
Albert Einstein

"A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it."
Albert Einstein

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
Albert Einstein

"People change, things go wrong, and life goes on."
George Carlin

I'm kind of obsessed with Albert Einstein quotes, so the majority of these will be by him.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
Albert Einstein

"A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it."
Albert Einstein

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
Albert Einstein

"People change, things go wrong, and life goes on."
George Carlin

Love it.

And you weren't kidding when you said "majority" :laugh:

If you want to succeed you should strike out on new paths, rather than travel the worn paths of accepted success.

John D. Rockefeller

Last edited:
"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
― Marilyn Monroe

"This life is what you make it. No matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything - they're your true best friends. Don't let go of them. Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they'll come and go too. And baby, I hate to say it, most of them - actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can't give up because if you give up, you'll never find your soulmate. You'll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything. Just because you fail once, doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life's a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about."
― Marilyn Monroe

"A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesn't believe, and leaves before she is left."
― Marilyn Monroe

"If you're gonna be two-faced at least make one of them pretty."
― Marilyn Monroe

"Ever notice how 'What the hell' is always the right answer?"
― Marilyn Monroe

Yesterday's Quotes and Today's Quotes -__-

"An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind."
- Buddha

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
- Buddha

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned."
- Buddha

"The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart."
- Buddha

Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.
- Buddha

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."
- Buddha

"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth."
- Buddha

Yesterday's Quotes and Today's Quotes -__-

"An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind."
- Buddha

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
- Buddha

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned."
- Buddha

"The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart."
- Buddha

Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.
- Buddha

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."
- Buddha

"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth."
- Buddha

slacker :p

It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.
William Shakespeare