Qvault and BC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

[DDS] Samer

Grind don't stop.
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those that used Qvault and Bootcamp, how similar were your scores on those tests compared to the actual DAT? If you don't mind providing numbers I would really appreciate it. Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

For Bio, Qvault was more similar to the real DAT in terms of question type and content. My Qvault Bio average was ~22, bootcamp average was ~24, on the real DAT bio I got a 23. I only used qvault for bio so I cant compare the rest of the sections. For bootcamp, I used everything except for QR. The sciences in bootcamp were similar but easier than the real DAT. Bootcamp's RC and PAT are much harder than the real DAT.

Bootcamp averages:
Bio~24
GC~21
OC~25
RC~21
PAT~18

Real DAT:
Bio:23
GC:21
OC:21
RC:23
PAT:20

Those are excellent scores!! I would be super happy with those.

Just curious, on the reading comprehension portion, did you get a lot of questions that give you a scenario and then they ask like 2-3 questions based on the scenario? for example:

1. Sophia, a 19 year old cheerleader came home from a one month vacation and gained weight from 45kg to 53kg. She currently experiences difficulty during their group exhibitions and stunts. Sophia now plans to lose weight by skipping dinner and having a light breakfast. One morning, she experienced dizziness and body weakness and was rushed to the hospital. At the emergency room, Sophia was found to have hypoglycemia. At this point, which of the following substances is Sophia's main source of energy?
a. glucagon
b. insulin
c. epinephrine
d. ketones
e. lipoprotein lipase

2. At the emergency room, medications were given to Sophia. She was also told to eat while in the hospital. After an hour, her blood sugar level increased and returned to normal. Which of the following substances help to increase her blood sugar level?
a. glucagon
b. insulin
c. epinephrine
d. ketones
e. lipoprotein lipase

3. Sophia's mother is a diagnosed diabetic since her childhood and has been treated with injectable medications since then. According to her, she has always been thin and has had frequent hospitalizations due to body weakness and coma especially during febrile episodes. In this type of DM, which of the following substances is not stimulated which ultimately leads to fatal complications?
a. glucagon
b. insulin
c. epinephrine
d. ketones
e. lipoprotein lipase

or even questions like... Which of the following is TRUE? or Which of the following is NOT true? and they list facts based on the entire article from start to finish. When questions like those are asked its super hard to use S&D so I am just curious if there are a lot of those questions or just fact questions.

(All credits given to DATReady)

Nah, the questions on the real DAT were nothing like that. Most of the answers were directly in the passage. However, I did have 2-3 of those true/false statement questions.

Those are excellent scores!! I would be super happy with those.

Just curious, on the reading comprehension portion, did you get a lot of questions that give you a scenario and then they ask like 2-3 questions based on the scenario? for example:

1. Sophia, a 19 year old cheerleader came home from a one month vacation and gained weight from 45kg to 53kg. She currently experiences difficulty during their group exhibitions and stunts. Sophia now plans to lose weight by skipping dinner and having a light breakfast. One morning, she experienced dizziness and body weakness and was rushed to the hospital. At the emergency room, Sophia was found to have hypoglycemia. At this point, which of the following substances is Sophia's main source of energy?
a. glucagon
b. insulin
c. epinephrine
d. ketones
e. lipoprotein lipase

2. At the emergency room, medications were given to Sophia. She was also told to eat while in the hospital. After an hour, her blood sugar level increased and returned to normal. Which of the following substances help to increase her blood sugar level?
a. glucagon
b. insulin
c. epinephrine
d. ketones
e. lipoprotein lipase

3. Sophia's mother is a diagnosed diabetic since her childhood and has been treated with injectable medications since then. According to her, she has always been thin and has had frequent hospitalizations due to body weakness and coma especially during febrile episodes. In this type of DM, which of the following substances is not stimulated which ultimately leads to fatal complications?
a. glucagon
b. insulin
c. epinephrine
d. ketones
e. lipoprotein lipase

or even questions like... Which of the following is TRUE? or Which of the following is NOT true? and they list facts based on the entire article from start to finish. When questions like those are asked its super hard to use S&D so I am just curious if there are a lot of those questions or just fact questions.

(All credits given to DATReady)

From what I see you purchased the Datready comprehension book. Did you write the Canadian DAT? If so, was your RC section more similar to Datready? Bootcamp? Do you mind sharing your strategy for that section?