QVault Bio, Bootcamp Bio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dontbescared

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I am preparing for my DAT in two weeks, and I am mentally exhausted by the amount of bio I have been pouring into my brain, from destroyer, to bootcamp, to cliffs, to Qvault.

My question is relating mostly to QVault, I have taken the first three bio exams and got almost half wrong on one of them, and did decent (19) on the other two. Can anyone say if the real DAT bio is as detailed? I understand that it is very random but like, having to define RNA Polymerase I vs III? Or knowing each step in conducting PCR?

I have studied so much and covered every topic yet I just can't bring it all together when it comes to the exam, I don't know what I can do differently, so I am wondering what kinds of studying strategies you guys use for bio. Do you guys just keep going over it 100x?

thank you all for your advice.

Members don't see this ad.

i don't have qvault but i can speak for how i study for bio. what i do is have a bunch of sticky notes (small ones preferred) and put a question like "what does parietal cell secrete" and i stick it onto a blank piece of paper and write the answer down behind the sticky note... as u can imagine, by using small sticky notes you can have more than a dozen questions laid out on the blank piece of paper. this is essentially like flash cards laid out in one letter sized paper - i also use the sticky notes if i have a quick random thought about some cell or mechanism and write it down. by doing this you are reinforcing your brain to remember by making those connections

i also use quizlet.com i actually have a bunch of flash card sets if you want to give'r a go

i also try to quiz myself when not studying. simple questions. nothing more. and keep doing that until i get comfortable answering my own questions

now don't be discouraged if this is too much, it'll come to you. by thinking about stressing won't help, focus on what is at hand

sorry if this was a long post. hope it helps, best of luck!!!!

EDIT: i'm also studying for my DAT in a couple weeks, i feel your pain

I found huge success by reading back over weak areas made known to me by qvault. When I did this, I saw drastic improvement in my qvault scores. I went from a 19 to a 27 after hunkering down and learning, not memorizing details or ignoring where I was clearly weak. If you get through all of the practice tests, there is an unseen question section (pretty sure it has around 200 extra Qs), I spammed through these a few days before my exam. The save question feature is your friend. Its best to use your own judgment when it comes to being detailed. I say this because there are different DAT exams you could take. Someone who had a very detailed DAT could tell you they swear you gotta do this and gotta do that. Then, someone who had a very general DAT bio will tell you otherwise; who do you believe? Well, neither. Take the middle path. If you know your are consistently getting wrong Qs in a certain area or don't have the info packed into your head the right way, fix it.

Learning is a modification of behavior based on experience. If you have never even exposed yourself to information found on qvault, you aren't really learning. If you have some ideas in your head about something, after you test and review, your ideas will be adjusted.