R & B Mafia Game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would be careful about having too many people reveal their roles specifically too early without strong reason to. Makes it too easy for the mafia to ferret out who the cop is based on process of elimination. We should all be providing cover for the cop as long as we can, in the hopes that they won't get killed early. Just my two cents.
Should also put pressure on the wolves to have believable roles assuming there is any consistency to the game so not sure I agree with you.

Members don't see this ad.

Should also put pressure on the wolves to have believable roles assuming there is any consistency to the game so not sure I agree with you.
Sure. But the odds would say that we're more likely to get villagers revealing before we corner any mafia, and each reveal gives them a greater chance of finding the cop. They could very well pick some good cover roles. Another way the revealing helps them - they get a better idea of which characters not to claim. Unless you were planning on asking everyone to role reveal today.

Yeah, being a seer in a game with no PMing is tricky. More so when there is no protector.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lynch DVMD

I'm not a wolf, and complicated scheming and theories aren't my MO as of late, but whatever. I don't have it in me to fight much, work's been beating me down lately.

I'm not a fan of the early role reveals, especially when you only have one vote for you! It just gives the mafia more info on what the villager roles look like so they can create a better false role when necessary. I don't feel it helps the villagers.

Vote

MJ (2)- Doc, dy,
jilary (2)- DVMD, LIS
DVMD (2)- WZ, MJ
Cyndia (1)- SOV
kdubs (1)- jilary
FFM (1)- TP
Chillbo (1)- FFM
TP (1)- Cyndia

no vote: chillbo baggins, kdubs

Deadline 8PM EST 2.5 hours remaining

I have to go with my gut here. I know I could vote for MJ or DVMD for self preservation, but I'm not feeling anything particular about either of them. SOV's early role reveal rubbed me the wrong way last night and nothing that has been said today makes me feel any better, so...

Unlynch kdubs

Lynch SOV

Please people don't let today end in a 3 way tie.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well ****.
Mine was just a RNG so I'm gonna unlynch FFM

I'd like to keep MJ around for a little longer because I think I'm familiar enough with his play style/personality to not fall for his nonsense, so that leaves it to SOV and double vag. I don't like SOV's role reveal, but I think I'm gonna go with lynch DVMD

Honestly, I would rather lynch MJ if he really isn't into actually playing. As his post stated...

Why keep around someone that flat out stated that he is not as much into scheming and figuring out the game?

I could lynch SOV, but I don't find his role reveal to be that odd, really. He is just being SOV.

Vote

MJ (4)- Doc, dy, DVMD, kdubs
DVMD (3)- WZ, MJ, TP
Cyndia (2)- SOV, Chillbo
Jilary (1)- LIS
Chillbo (1)- FFM
TP (1)- Cyndia
SOV (1)- Jilary

no vote:

Deadline 8PM EST 1 hour remaining

Please remember that no votes after deadline are allowed and the thread goes to night mode as well, so no more posting until overnight events have been revealed tomorrow morning.

Oh stop, you're making a mistake, please no, you'll regret this, etc etc.

Really, you're doing something incredibly dumb, and I'm just going to let it happen because I'd rather not live in a village with people this stupid. Blah blah, I hope you lose, etc etc, go wolves, because this village is made of fail.

Oh stop, you're making a mistake, please no, you'll regret this, etc etc.

Really, you're doing something incredibly dumb, and I'm just going to let it happen because I'd rather not live in a village with people this stupid. Blah blah, I hope you lose, etc etc, go wolves, because this village is made of fail.
Ouch :hurting:

Reactions: 1 user
10 minutes remaining

Vote

MJ (4)- Doc, dy, DVMD, kdubs
DVMD (3)- WZ, MJ, TP
Cyndia (2)- SOV, Chillbo
Jilary (1)- LIS
Chillbo (1)- FFM
TP (1)- Cyndia
SOV (1)- Jilary

no vote:

Deadline 8PM EST

Please remember that no votes after deadline are allowed and the thread goes to night mode as well, so no more posting until overnight events have been revealed tomorrow morning.

We join our heroes in a quest to obtain a Mooseberry Bush, the key ingredient needed for the coveted Rocket Fuel. Little did they know that Boris and Natasha, our villains of this story, were plotting Moose and Squirrel's death so they could steal the plant for the glory of Pottsylvania. The two put on um, erm, incredibly deceiving disguises, and earned the trust our our protagonists.

The plan was to steal the Mooseberry Bush then leave Rocky and Bullwinkle to die on the boggy little island of Moosylvania, but as happens often with evil plans, something went terribly wrong. In a series of events not caught on camera, Natasha Fatale was found at the bottom of the bog. Please join us next time in

How Deep was That Bog?

or

Natasha's Eyelashes

You have lynched Mad Jack:
You are Natasha Fatale, Wolf. With your beau Boris, you try to complete missions gently guiding Boris in the best way to succeed in killing moose and squirrel. Sadly, despite your best efforts, most his ideas end with him being hoisted by his own petard.

giphy.gif

12 Players remain Night deadline 8 AM EST

1. @DocEspana
2. @Jilary
3. @dyachei
4. @StartingoverVet
5. @LetItSnow
6. @WildZoo
7. @touchpause13
8. Mad Jack
9. @kaydubs
10. @DVMDream
11. @Cyndia
12. @Chillbo Baggins
13. @Flim Flam Man

THREAD IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Reactions: 2 users
Well, last time you remember our heroes were on a quest to obtain a Mooseberry Bush in order to recreate the powerful rocket fuel formula from Grandma Moose's fudge cake recipe. The search led Rocky and Bullwinkle to Moosylvania, a tiny island in the middle of nowhere and was quite the quagmire (technically all bogs are quagmires while not all quagmires are necessarily bogs). In a series of fortunate, or unfortunate depending on who you are, events, the attempt by Boris and Natasha to steal the bush and leave Rock and Bullwinkle stranded resulted in Natasha sinking to the bottom of the bog, er quagmire...

Here is where our story becomes a little less children friendly. In fact, children should leave the room and the adults should prepare themselves for the darkest hour, uh 30 minutes in television history.

Devastated by the loss of his partner in crime and yes, love of his life, Boris devised the most wicked plan ever thought of. Well, actually it came from a contest done in honor of his fallen femme fatale entitled "I like evil because". The plan was so simple! So straight forward that even a genius on goof gas couldn't fail!!! A fake Washington DC was erected and the invitation sent to Rocky and Bullwinkle to honor their rocket fuel achievement. Little did our heroes know that the was the beginning of the end for one of them...

Join us next time..... What? Oh, I guess we have 1 more minute to fill. Well, Boris's evil plan, which was obtained in a deeply disturbing ironic twist, from our own Bullwinkle J Moose due to thinking the contest was asking about weevils, worked without fail. The ultimate revenge has been enacted. Can Bullwinkle and friends still win the day, or are they doomed to failure?

Dead is WildZoo
You are Rocket J. Squirrel, aka Rocky, the Cop. You are the brains of the operation, therefor are the only one with enough common sense to know what is what. (You may submit one name to obtain their role/affiliation at night)

tumblr_n0bhi3sX991s2wio8o1_400.gif

Lynch is now open Deadline 8 PM EST

11 players remain

1. @DocEspana
2. @Jilary
3. @dyachei
4. @StartingoverVet
5. @LetItSnow
6. WildZoo
7. @touchpause13
8. Mad Jack
9. @kaydubs
10. @DVMDream
11. @Cyndia
12. @Chillbo Baggins
13. @Flim Flam Man

Last edited:
Upside, got a wolf by decent luck alone. (Also if I had been reading closely I'd have doubled down after some of mjs later comments)

Downside, I was already thinking wz was the cop (wasn't certain but was suspicious) and turns out the solves had similar thoughts.

So time to play the game.

Lynch touchpause13

It's a bit early to be spreadsheeting, since a ton of people are all floating around the same number of suspicious points. But technically saying you think you understand MJ is worth infinity suspicion points.

I'd actually love to hear a bit of discussion from cyndia as well. What did she expect someone like WZ to say if people did start role naming and WZ had Rocky?

Of note; this game is playing out a lot like an actual in person mafia game does. Which means early steamroll bandwagon lunches do us no good. Even if we all agree on who we want to vote on, we need to keep discussing everything and everyone ant chance we get. Yes it gives wolves some leeway to sway us thay they wouldn't have if we were more quiet, but at some point we will have enough people eliminated that not having the diversity of discussion early will bite us in the ass if everyone clams up and votes based on gut feeling alone at endgame

I'd actually love to hear a bit of discussion from cyndia as well. What did she expect someone like WZ to say if people did start role naming and WZ had Rocky?

Well that's sucky.. Her comment about expecting the cop role to be as obvious as the mafia roles was phrased in a way that I figured she had to be one or the other, which is why I laid off arguing with her after she said it (I assumed she was probably the cop). It sucks that the wolves figured it out as well.

I was just trying to stimulate some discussion since SOV called me out and I haven't played a basic game like this in forever. I'm not familiar with Rocky & Bullwinkle at all, but I guess being Rocky is pretty damn obvious... If it had been anyone other than her, staying quiet longer would have been the best bet, and then piping up with a fake role later.

BUT, all that aside. Now that we don't have a cop to try to protect, why not make everyone role reveal now?

I think SOV was just being SOV, but something is raising my hackles about him.

I think some of the comments about MJ - specifically that some of us were saying we knew him to be a villager but were voting for him anyway also rub me the wrong way.

lynch jilary

Lynch touchpause13

It's a bit early to be spreadsheeting, since a ton of people are all floating around the same number of suspicious points. But technically saying you think you understand MJ is worth infinity suspicion points.
That's fair, clearly I done goofed and I understand your reasoning behind this, although if I was an actual wolf I would have just not voted for him and not said anything about it.

Like DocE said, I don't think the traditional bandwagoning method is helpful for this type of game. And I was referring to kdubs vote, but I understand not wanting to make a tie, so I'm not suspicious of her. I also thought MJ usually made more of a fuss when he was being lynched as a villager, I could be remembering that wrong though.

### lynch dyachei ###

I am now realizing i have never played as bare bones as this. No masons, hobo, or angel.

Lynch vote is random

lynch chillbo

his vote yesterday rubbed me the wrong way. MJ was tied or close to the lead, and chillbo comes in late and tacks onto my cyndia vote. It just had the feel of someone trying to throw away their vote, but maybe,just maybe get a fellow wolf off the hook with another potential candidate.

as for voting for me? whatever. I am the only one to come clean. I didnt even know this game was based on rocky and bullwinkle until this write-up so there is that. kind of curious to try to lynch the only person to role reveal.

In a few games wolves have done early role reveals to gain the trust of their group members, so I just don't trust the super early role reveal without a need.
yawn.

if you can't recognize that i gave a legitiate villager description in this game for the theme and what is going on, in a gae where there is no PMing or exchanging info, and therefore couldnt possibly come up with such a defense, then you don't deserve to be playing much longer. move on and stop wasting time. this is a distraction based on nonsense.

yawn.

if you can't recognize that i gave a legitiate villager description in this game for the theme and what is going on, in a gae where there is no PMing or exchanging info, and therefore couldnt possibly come up with such a defense, then you don't deserve to be playing much longer. move on and stop wasting time. this is a distraction based on nonsense.
Well at least I'm actively participating and giving a reason for whom I'm voting for instead of just randomly picking someone. I do appreciate that you gave a reason for your vote, I wasn't referring to you with that comment. This thread has been kind of quiet, which makes it hard to figure anything out.

As of right now I find SOV's explanation the most convincing so I'm going to go with

lynch chillbo

I'd like to hear more from people though, and I'm definiately up for waffling if someone has a better idea.

I agree with the chillbo logic too.. Also raising the question again - if we don't have to protect the cop anymore, I think everyone should role reveal. It would make picking out wolf inconsistencies easy at this point.

Unlynch tp
lynch Jilary

Normally this is where I'd say feelings, and not say anything more. But the lack of communication behind the scenes here means that I could die and my thoughts go unnoticed, so let me expand. I do trust SOV here. He either has done all of his honework (unlikely) or is playing as a vilager. He has played a completely clean game so far as well and she's voted for him twice. The second I read his posts I knew he was on my side, and thats what she has an issue with. Add in that she added a new name to the pot when we were majority on a wolf.

I thibk maybe she either accidentally outed herself, or she just isn't paying the required attention. I don't think the latter is the worst reason to roll the dice on a lynch.

lynch chillbo

his vote yesterday rubbed me the wrong way. MJ was tied or close to the lead, and chillbo comes in late and tacks onto my cyndia vote. It just had the feel of someone trying to throw away their vote, but maybe,just maybe get a fellow wolf off the hook with another potential candidate.

as for voting for me? whatever. I am the only one to come clean. I didnt even know this game was based on rocky and bullwinkle until this write-up so there is that. kind of curious to try to lynch the only person to role reveal.
Were I a wolf, I would never have played it that way.

I agree that voting for MJ isn't the right move. Some even seem to be saying "I know he's not mafia, but I'm voting for him anyway." Oh well, 2 min till deadline looms like MJ is a dead man.

This post strikes me as weird, didn't notice it until I reread the thread just now. I also remembered Chillbo has automatically voted for me when he's been clueless in the past, so perhaps not as suspicious as I thought, but who knows. I think I'm fine with this lynch going either way, but for now I will ****lynch jilary****

Vote

Jilary (4)- dyachei, DocE, Chillbo, Cyndia
Chillbo (2)- SOV, TP
dyachei (1)- FFM
SOV (1)- Jilary

no vote: LIS, kdubs, DVMD

Deadline 8 PM EST 20 minutes remaining

NO VOTES AFTER DEADLINE. THREAD WILL ALSO BE CLOSED FOR TALK AT THAT TIME.