R & B Mafia Game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Vote

Jilary (5)- dyachei, DocE, Chillbo, Cyndia, DVMD
Chillbo (2)- SOV, TP
dyachei (1)- FFM
SOV (1)- Jilary

no vote: LIS, kdubs

Deadline 8 PM EST 10 minutes remaining

NO VOTES AFTER DEADLINE. THREAD WILL ALSO BE CLOSED FOR TALK AT THAT TIME.

With their beloved leader, Rocky the Flying Squirrel, lost to them, the world was mourning and wondering how to go on fighting for good. Bullwinkle, the hardest hit of all from the loss of his little buddy, still tried hard to boost moral and did what he does best. He entertained.

As would be expected after that terrible edition of Bullwinkle’s Corner, the crowd turned violent and the inherent evil that lies in every heart won the day. They told Bullwinkle to take a hike or they would feed him to the notorious metal munching mice. So it was without hesitation that our moose took that hike, right off the cliff.
tumblr_n0c2kzliDD1s2wio8o1_400.gif

Join us next time in

M for Moose

or

Moose Don’t Cry

You have lynched Jilary
You are Bullwinkle J. Moose, a vanilla villager. Not the sharpest tool in the box, but boy can you turn anything into a pun.

tumblr_n6ismdSeGp1s5r6y2o1_500.gif

THREAD IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

10 Players Remain

1. @DocEspana
2. Jilary
3. @dyachei
4. @StartingoverVet
5. @LetItSnow
6. WildZoo
7. @touchpause13
8. Mad Jack
9. @kaydubs
10. @DVMDream
11. @Cyndia
12. @Chillbo Baggins
13. @Flim Flam Man

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I know the thread is closed. I hope you'll grant me an administrative "non-game-related" comment.

Closing it at night like this is *REALLY* hard for those of us who are working all day. I have thoughts I would like to share, but I was literally non-stop working from about 8am to 8pm tonight, and was gone from home from 7:30am to 8:30pm. So.... not much opportunity to say anything. I don't expect things to revolve around me, but... at the least I had hoped I'd be able to catch up at night, share thoughts, maybe put in a contingency, etc. Unless the thread-closing is something that might change, it might be best to just remove me. :( Sorry - I didn't foresee something like that as a game mechanic. :(

We return to our story of Rocky and Bullwinkle....

Well we return to our story of And Friends in the midst of mass confusion. "What is it that we are supposed to be doing?" A note written in the heavens in a brilliant Bold Text BLUE gave them a hint.

The events of the past few days had been troubling for everyone, and today would be no different. In the brightness of day, one poor soul was the target of evil doings and explicit revenge, which is once again, not to be discussed in front of our younger audience.

In yet another part of the world, a man in an ER was seen doing his best to save all the animals, working tirelessly to make the world a better place. This man was needed there, and so he said goodbye to the friends still seeking to find their next adventure as he already had his.

With that we continue the day with the remaining Friends seeking out the antagonists of our story.
Adventures-of-Rocky-and-Bullwinkle-and-Friends-1.gif

In an attempt to restore order to this game, the day cycle of lynching will remain open until 8 AM tomorrow with chosen player for lynching due by that time. At 8AM EST tomorrow, the lynch write-up will occur followed immediately by night write-up. Then we will return to original times and rules regarding time tables and postings.

8 Players remain

1. @DocEspana
Jilary
3. @dyachei
SOV
5. LetItSnow
6. WildZoo
7. @touchpause13
Mad Jack
9. @kaydubs
10. @DVMDream
11. @Cyndia
12. @Chillbo Baggins
13. @Flim Flam Man

You may begin the Lynching

So what are the thoughts of role revealing at this point?

Wow, I have seriously been mucking things up. Just clicked back to lupins link above and I realized that I somehow missed the whole reason for having this game and have been playing it like a normal prevet WW. Revealing is pointless. I'm being an absolutely failure at WW this month, sorry guys. :(

Ugh, losing two good guys in one night is never good. We've still a decent numbers advantage, though, 6 to 2. That also means we've got two days max to get another wolf.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, if it isn't too late.. lynch chillbo

Guess someone should break the tie. I haven't really had time to read up on either game threads today, maybe tomorrow. Probably not.

This game is about to get abandoned. It appears that people are busy and really just are not able to play this game as it is intended. No one can just sit around the dinner table anymore and have a nice conversation. This is why we can't have nice things.

Reactions: 1 users
Well, i will ### lynch chillboi ### too

I'm fine with ****lynch chillbo*****

You have lynched Chillbo Baggins
You are the Moon Man Cloyd, a vanilla villager. You and your other little green partner, Gidney, do your best to protect your home and enjoy teaming up with our heroes, Rocky and Bullwinkle. With the aid of your scrootch gun, you are not to be messed with.

gidney-cloyd.gif

This narrator has become disheartened with the darkness consuming our story. It is with an even heavier heart to report that yet another friend has reached an untimely end. So it is that I pass on the narration for a moment to collect myself.

What kind of evil in the world would take a little boy from his dog? Must have been Crazy Legs Cowpuss.

Killed overnight is kaydubs
You are Sherman, vanilla villager. You and your doggy Daddy Mr. Peabody love adventures through history on a constant quest for knowledge. You are invaluable in fixing history gone wrong.

latest

You may begin Lynching

Deadline 8 PM est

6 players remain

1. @DocEspana
2. Jilary
3. @dyachei
4. StartingoverVet
5. LetItSnow
6. WildZoo
7. @touchpause13
8. Mad Jack
9. kaydubs
10. @DVMDream
11. @Cyndia
12. Chillbo Baggins
13. @Flim Flam Man

Last edited:
It's not me. I was just being a overconfident dumb ass and thought I wouldn't fall for his wolfieness.

****lynch dvmd*****
For obvious reasons

I'm not a wolf but not convinced TP would jump to MJ's defense like that if she were a wolf.

I'm going to think on it longer.

Vote

TP (3)- cyndia, FFM, DVMD
DVMD (2)- dyachei, TP

no vote: DocE

Deadline 8 PM EST 1 hour remaining

Original rules apply at conclusion of today's lynch. No more talk on thread until close of night tomorrow AM.

LYNCH CLOSED..............

GAME OVER- 6 players in a 4:2 village wolf ratio You lynched TP, villager, resulting in a 3:2 ratio followed by a night kill that would bring us to 2:2 wolf victory

LOSERS- Village
WINNERS-- Wolves!!!!!

Flim Flam Man- You are Mr. Big, aka Fearless Leader and a Wolf. You are the “big” man in charge of Pottsylvania and command Boris and Natasha to do your evil bidding to ensure Pottsylvania’s place in history.

Boris_and_Natasha.jpg

DVMD- You are Boris Badenov, a Wolf. You are under orders from Mr. Big to rid the world of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends so you can be the top nogoodnik stealing all the treasures for the advancement of the Great Pottsylvania.

giphy.gif

Mad Jack- You are Natasha Fatale, Wolf. With your beau Boris, you try to complete missions gently guiding Boris in the best way to succeed in killing moose and squirrel. Sadly, despite your best efforts, most his ideas end with him being hoisted by his own petard.

giphy.gif

Thanks for playing, or not playing as it were. :p It was an interesting experiment that failed miserably. But I enjoyed putting my favorite cartoons in my own plot line for a brief moment and I hope to get this format of gameplay improved upon in the future as it can be a fun departure from the complicated and over the top games that we have become accustomed to. I think a better understanding of this type of game was needed in order for it to work, so I definitely don't hold any grudges against my players for not quite getting the gist of the game. I know some of you are incredibly busy as well, so it made it difficult.

Feel free to make comments.

Looking forward to the Chilly Willy themed game.

Thanks lupin for modding.

Thanks to all who played, and to @Lupin21 for running it. I was playing along as the live studio audience.

Somehow, I had missed until this very game that WW style games get played on forums, let alone this forum. I guess I didn't think SDNers likely to engage in collective action for the purpose of fun? Shows what I know.

Anyhow... so, who is running the next game?

thanks lupin.

sorry for the role reveal/not knowing the rules.

i thought your role descriptions were incredibly detailed for plain vanilla roles. thatwas a lot of work to pull together so quickly

thanks lupin.

sorry for the role reveal/not knowing the rules.

i thought your role descriptions were incredibly detailed for plain vanilla roles. thatwas a lot of work to pull together so quickly
I just know Rocky and Bullwinkle inside and out, so I had those roles written up in less than an hour. The game is meant to be bare bones as far as actual game details, so mods, or at least this mod, like to dress it up by at least giving a fun character and plot line. The game thread is meant for players to basically act like they are straight up vanilla villager and poke and prod each other's every word to see who might be more wolfy than others. And of course the lone village seer, aka the cop, is supposed to be extra vigilant in remaining hidden but somehow leaving clues as to whom they have peaked.

It requires a lot of time by the players to actually converse on the thread and analyze what everyone is saying, so really it is hard to incorporate in student/vet lifestyles since sometimes, as LIS said, we are simply not able to talk and think in the 12 hour window allotted for day time activities and lynching. I think though, if we just keep trying, these simpler games have a place here for people who are a bit more calculating on the thread. :)

Reactions: 3 users
I just know Rocky and Bullwinkle inside and out, so I had those roles written up in less than an hour. The game is meant to be bare bones as far as actual game details, so mods, or at least this mod, like to dress it up by at least giving a fun character and plot line. The game thread is meant for players to basically act like they are straight up vanilla villager and poke and prod each other's every word to see who might be more wolfy than others. And of course the lone village seer, aka the cop, is supposed to be extra vigilant in remaining hidden but somehow leaving clues as to whom they have peaked.

It requires a lot of time by the players to actually converse on the thread and analyze what everyone is saying, so really it is hard to incorporate in student/vet lifestyles since sometimes, as LIS said, we are simply not able to talk and think in the 12 hour window allotted for day time activities and lynching. I think though, if we just keep trying, these simpler games have a place here for people who are a bit more calculating on the thread. :)

I'm a big fan of simpler games. So I like The way this one was set up. I agree that the intricate role descriptions kind of threw me for a loop.

Oh. And it just occurred to me. If anyone can submit the correct answers as to what famous titles I was playing off of for those couple write ups in the large italics were, I will definitely offer favoritism if you should play in another one of my games.

So, would the benefits of a longer day/night cycle outweigh the risk of wandering attention spans? Like, maybe we could do a 48 hour day, 24 hour night game? It would make for 3 days per round.. A game could easily last a few weeks, but it would be a lot more forgiving of busy schedules.