r u Starting OT at a VIRGINIA School (Radford, VCU, JMU, Jefferson, Shenandoah

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EastCoastHope

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone starting this academic year at a Virginia School? Which one?:idea:

Members don't see this ad.

Can you PM me? I'd love to hear more about your story and why you selected Radford. Looks like we'll both be starting there in August. Are you a recent grad or have you been out of school for a while?

Anyone else going to a Virginia School?

:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I just graduated a few weeks ago, I chose Radford because I was wait listed almost everywhere else I applied. However I really like their program. I know someone in it now, and I attended an open house. I am very excited!

Hokie-

With that name, you are from VA Tech? Where else did you apply?

I was impressed that Radford had the best facility and enough space for all of the students and the newest equipment, compared to other schools I looked at.

Only 2.5 months until we start!

Shenandoah!! I'm excited to start my program but a little nervous. Currently, I'm working as an autism tutor and i love it! OT is the perfect career for me :)

Anyone else attending shenandoah?

I'm applying next year. Radford looked like they had a ton of pre-requisites that I would not have. Do those courses get waived for people applying that are way post-bacc? Are they willing to do substitutions?

My undergrad college had required distribution courses Humanities 101/102 where we read a lot of the philosophy type material they are asking for.

Call the program and ask. Dr. Mitchell is in charge and can answer your questions. He is a great guy!