rad onc offers post residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

radonc0756

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the average offers for rad onc positions post residency?

Members don't see this ad.

Compensation has gone down a bit in last couple years...it's now something like 800-900k/year, 4 day work week and 9 weeks vacation

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What are the average offers for rad onc positions post residency?
Terry Wall may have this data from ARRO seminar. In my case, I had 3 formal offers. I guess that is typical.

I had the same number of offers. In terms of how much each offer is, it varies widely. Academics on the coasts can expect to make less than half as much as a private practice guy in the mid-west (and that's starting salary, as time goes on the discrepancy increases).

what's the average starting in academics vs private practice?

WOW!!! Is this for real?

Well to be perfectly honest, I'd say the salaries Becquerel quoted are below market.

If you've been a regular reader of this forum, you'll realize that our Rad Onc leadership has carefully and expeditiously limited expansion of residency slots. After all they certainly do not wish to create a market over supply of Rad Oncs.

I also applaud our leadership who have absolutely not raised registration costs of conferences or charged money for journal article submissions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Ok. Do you have the link to latest Terry Wall survey. Thanks.

There is no link. He announces it during the ARRO session at ASTRO, I wasn't at that session so I can't quote you what he said. Also it's best to PM people about these sorts of things.