Radiation exposure GE 9800 vs Phillips BV

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

olafa

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to quantify how much radiation exposure you are getting compared to other units. I had a GE say that the 9800 emits less than the Phillips. How can I verify this?
BTW I do colimate and cone most images to minimze exposure, use half dose whenever possible, dont use live, but have DSA and use it when needed.

Members don't see this ad.

The 9800 was pulled off the market for several years due to emitting excessive radiation. I had a GE rep spin a tale about the model being retired and then brought back due to demand. No mention of FDA.

I do know that the state radiation safety inspector told me that my Pulsera had the lowest radiation that she had ever measured. I use a table lead skirt.

my badge reads low- I am using phillips now at an ASC and looking for an in-office fluoro. This GE rep said their "new view 9800" and would match our phillips quote. Honestly not a fan of GE, just my preference. I find these sales guys revolting with their lies and scams to get you to get their products.... when inquiring on GE, from a refurb guy, he pushed the Genoray heavily with all these promos etc... and he was even more atrocious, not impressed with their product either.