USMLE Radiology for IMGs? Any success stories?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IM resident 18

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
When in med school I was told that radiology was impossibly hard to get in the US for IMGs. But in the last few years Ive read that it is not as competitive as it used to be (doom in job market I hear). But there are barely any discussion groups on this forum about Radiology IMG match 2016/2015.

I have liked rads since my first rads rotation - but I never considered that it could be possible until now. FYI - Im not in for the money, but I think socially and intellectually solving puzzles it fits me. Though lifestyle def helps. It will give hope to someone like me - average student, non US IMG.
If rads is possible I will start working towards getting radiology electives, start aiming for 250+ scores, try to get research in radio, etc.

Otherwise I would settle for a clinical branch like FM or Peds and work towards their electives and research.

So pleeeaaassee pour in some success stories if you are an IMG and have matched into Radiology or you know someone who did.
please.gif

Also please don't tell me that anything is possible (no offence) - I know luck plays a big chance in all this. But at this starting point - I would appreciate if tell me what should I do to get a radiology residency in the US if it's possible.

Thank you! :):)

Members don't see this ad.

I know an IMG from my school who match into Radiology a couple of years ago, his Step 1 score was in the 240's