Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

Radiology for Step 2

Discussion in 'Step II' started by drmedstudent, 08.29.11.

1. drmedstudent

drmedstudent

SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I'm terrible at radiology questions on UWorld, especially reading chest X rays. Is there a good high yield link or resource I can use to study radiology? My exam is soon so i need to scramble...

thanks!!

Last edited: 08.29.11
  2. Soccer171983

Soccer171983 Just living the dream....

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    THe radiographic images on usmle were not tooo bad. I would actually google search radiology and usmle 2. I found a site a while back showing all the buzz words with an image (i.e. double bubble, thumbprint sign, sail sign, etc) and that was really high yield.

3. Soccer171983

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    here is another site. I will try to find the original one i was talking abouthttp://www.prep4usmle.com/forum/thread/55373/

I liked this one too!
    http://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-step-1-buzzwords/10015-usmle-step-1-radiology-buzzwords.html

4. PokerDoc

PokerDoc

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Its usually there to help you. I hardly ever actually "need" the radiology to answer the question, but if you can read it, its usually a give-away. I think UWorld sometimes makes you interpret it just for learning purposes, but I don't remember any question like that on my real test.

5. OveractiveBrain

OveractiveBrain

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Agree. Its more like "hey, most of the chest is white... almost like a white out...and the dude is sick as poop... oh look, he has ards"

or "hey, one lung looks normal. The other one is half opaque. and he was just shot in the chest. and he's bleeding, maybe the answer is chest tube?"

6. Soccer171983

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Completely agree as well! Most of clinical history they give you is enough to solve what you need. Also, they will show images of very characteristic buzzword descriptions. THis would not be what stresses me out on the test. IF the one think you lack is radiology its no biggie!

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal