Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

RAFFLE ITEM: Lifetime Mastermind Membership

Discussion in 'Medical Mastermind Community' started by TheMastermind, 03.02.11.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMastermind

TheMastermind Host, Med School Podcast Exhibitor

Attending Physician
    SDN Exhibitor

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    RAFFLE ITEM: 1 Lifetime Membership to the Medical Mastermind Community.

Lifetime Membership – Total Access

[​IMG]
    One of the first things you realize when you decide to become a physician is how long it takes to complete the training!

• College Degree: 4-5 years​
    • Medical School: 4 years
    • Internship: 1 year
    • Residency: 3 years
    • Fellowship: 1-3 years
    [​IMG]Up to 16 years!
    [​IMG]

How much does a lifetime membership usually cost?

Let’s consider the fact that Doctor Dan has been creating content for medical students for over 4 years and he appears to be just getting started – especially with a $750,000 grant proposal to the National Institutes of Health to create even more content!

It is a good bet to say that there will be more material created that you can get at no additional cost – ever!

Another important fact to consider is that one year’s worth of basic membership (as of Dec. 2010) costs $456 in installment payments. For very little more you can enjoy a lifetime of membership benefits and multimedia, online versions of every product created in the future.

What else do I get?

Essentially, the Lifetime Membership offers the same priviledges as the Platinum Membership but in one easy payment. Please review all of the features of the Platinum Membership before purchasing your Lifetime Membership.

The only differences are that you get more one-on-one coaching with the Lifetime Membership – 5 hours! Also, the number of Webinar Topics may be limited to two, depending on the popularity of the Lifetime Membership option in the future and participation of future members. [It doesn't make sense to promise endless topics to a growing group if we can not uphold our promise, therefore this is an exclusive group that will not get very big.]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: 03.10.11
  2. DrFLAGATORS

DrFLAGATORS

Pre-Medical
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    So is the lifetime membership for free or one time payment of $456? And, what "content" do you offer?
  3. TheMastermind

Attending Physician
    SDN Exhibitor
    Actually, the Lifetime Membership is reduced to $397 right now.

So sum up our content, we offer mentorship and study resources for the ENTIRE medical education journey. This is the best way to explain it:

Where are you in this journey?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Last edited: 03.07.11
  4. drgioiadds

drgioiadds DDS c/o 2002; DO c/o 2016

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Very Nice! Would have liked something like this when I was in Dental School.
  5. luckviii

luckviii

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Does the lifetime Membership offer unlimited access to everything now and in the future?
  6. TheMastermind

Attending Physician
    SDN Exhibitor
    Yes, I would have liked to have it in medical school, or better yet, a Pre-Med.

If you're interested in giving back to the students coming up behind you, I can help you put a Dental section up on my site or start one of your own...
  7. TheMastermind

Attending Physician
    SDN Exhibitor
    YES!

That's the cool thing about the Lifetime Membership - you get instant online access to everything I create in the future.

For example, the early Mastermind Members from 3 years ago when we started got these fine benefits for FREE when we created them later on:

Last edited: 03.07.11
  8. PharMed2016

PharMed2016 Eternal Scholar

Medical Student
    Pharmacist SDN 5+ Year Member
    The lifetime membership sounds awesome and something I could utilize while I apply to medical school this coming summer and throughout my career. Just out of curiosity, do you have a pharmacy section? :laugh:
  9. TheMastermind

Attending Physician
    SDN Exhibitor
    For pharmacology, and all of the major medical school curriculum, we have the following:

10. drgioiadds

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    We can work something out! I'm actually applying to DO schools - followed your recommendation for Test Prep NY for the Verbal section and it helped me improve about 2 points from my practice tests.
  11. TheMastermind

Attending Physician
    SDN Exhibitor
    Great. Why don't we do a podcast interview together, either for the PreMed Podcast or the Medical School Podcast.

Yes, Bara Sapir is one of our Mastermind partners and has graciously donated the services of her business manager at Test Prep New York to help us with a grant project to provide the Medical Mastermind Community to disadvantaged students.

Contact me through my contact page on the Medical School Podcast site and we'll schedule a time to talk...

See everyone, THIS is exactly what the Medical Mastermind Community is all about!

You just witnessed a resource for Pre-Dental students be 'masterminded'.

What is a "Mastermind"?

A mastermind is a group of 2 or more people acting on their own initiative and working together in a spirit of harmony toward a definite purpose.
  12. bestmed

bestmed

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    For USMLE, besides access to Gold Standard audio, do you provide any Qbanks, like Kaplan or UW?
  13. TheMastermind

Attending Physician
    SDN Exhibitor

Yes, we have a Medical Student Q-Bank, but it is in the format of practice exams you would take in medical school. They do not have the explanations of every correct and incorrect answer - and you absolutely need that to use a Q-Bank the right way.

I bought the Kaplan Q-Bank for Step 1 and it was of high quality, though many friends were riding the tide of USMLEWorld at that time. Some argue the latter is better, but I can't speak to that.
  14. familyaerospace

familyaerospace

Pre-Medical
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Oh this is awesome.

I have one of your free one year accounts from when you were putting together the grant but then you divided everything into the different years (unfortunately half the subscription is going to be weird since I was listed as pre-MCAT, so I will have a few months post-MCAT when I will still have a subscription but may not have access to the next level of stuff.) Any chance that things will go back to how they were? Or would there be a way to change account types mid-subscription?

For those of you who want to know someone's opinion and to not just rely on TheMastermind's opinion, the site is pretty cool and Dr Dan has a lot of stuff on it, plus he adds something every week or two. It's probably worth it if you can afford it. I'm broke so it'll be hard for me to continue once my freebie runs out.

(And yes, I would like to be entered for that lifetime account Dr Dan)
  15. BigBoosting

BigBoosting

Medical Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
  16. TheMastermind

Attending Physician
    SDN Exhibitor
    Hey, nice to see you in here, familyaerospace.

It really doesn't matter which monthly account you buy, because you can access all of the content instantly as soon as you join.

The difference is the home page you'll use within this site: it will organize all of the content for you so you don't get overwhelmed.

The exception to that is the Lifetime and Platinum memberships. You can get the full Gold Standard USMLE right away, without waiting for the monthly DVDs to ship to you.

Thanks,
  17. TheMastermind

Attending Physician
    SDN Exhibitor
    Sure, the private coaching in the Medical Mastermind Community is targeted, action-oriented mentorship that will help you achieve your next goal.

It's completely customizable, except for a proven, assessment document I use, so that students can use their allotted coaching time anyway they want. Here are some common examples:

1. help with the personal essay
    2. help writing about difficult things in their application
    3. mock interviews
    You get the idea. I often help people with things they don't even know are a problem, by getting to the root!
  18. MamaVis

MamaVis

Pre-Medical
    I would like to enter the raffle. Thank you.
  19. TheMastermind

Attending Physician
    SDN Exhibitor

What a cool deal, huh? SDN is offering its own raffle for each one of the memberships to the Medical Mastermind Community, except for a Physician Member account:

1. The Pre-MCAT Years
    2. The Post-MCAT Years
    3. The Basic Science Years
    4. The Clinical Science Years
    5. Platinum Membership
    6. Lifetime Membership
    I also notified the Medical Mastermind Community newsletter recipients that I would be hosting my own, separate raffle for a Lifetime Membership. To qualify for that one, get in here this week and generate some quality discussion so that we can all learn something!
  20. BrownKracker

BrownKracker

Other Health Professions Student
    Hi, Ive been following MMC for a few months on/off. I really like the way you have things set-up. Maybe even too much information! I would really like in on the raffle, sounds like a real opportunity.

But, Id like to broach the subject of MCAT prep. What are some opinions on the different Prep Company's and resources out there. I plan on taking the MCAT soon, and have gone back and forth. Started with Kaplan and have switched to ExamKrackers (EK)and Audio Osmosis (AO).

From what I discovered, Kaplan starts out with more textbook format which is real nice whereas EK uses a unique "intuition" approach. Also, I think there is a big difference in the Verbal Reasoning prep.

Any thoughts?
  21. TheMastermind

Attending Physician
    SDN Exhibitor
    Thanks! Since you listen periodically, you'll be interested to know that I've revived the Pre-Med Podcast, and it has some seriously unique content in it! For example, I'm about to release a podcast titled "Do Caribbean Medical Schools Suck?" You can reach both of my podcasts here or find them in iTunes:

Yes, there is a lot of information in the Medical Mastermind Community. I am a "one-man show" that has captured the entire medical education journey into mentorship modules with video tutorials with checklists.

I had to reorganize the material a few times to get it in its current and stable form, which became necessary as my vision for our purpose became clearer - and the students demanded it!

As far as the MCAT goes, we do a live Mastermind group on MCAT topics and record them for people that can't be on the call live.

I consider this Mastermind review a supplement to your other preparation and its value lies in the multiplicity of minds sharing different perspectives on the same topic. Very powerful...
  22. luckviii

luckviii

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    What can a nontraditional b.s premed student get from the mastermind community?
  23. GWD

GWD

MD/PhD Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Wow.. good long time since I've been on SDN. :p

Well anyways.. sign me up!
  24. TheMastermind

Attending Physician
    SDN Exhibitor
    The Medical Mastermind Community is a non-traditional premed's dream.

Really, it can save you years of hassle and reinventing the wheel.

For starters, you can get up to speed on what medical school is really like by talking with current medical students live.

Because I was a nontraditional student (both as a premed and as a resident), the entire mentorship program was created from that perspective.

That's probably why no one else has ever done this before - because traditional ("cookie cutter") doctors move on with their career, never knowing the pain and challenges that non-trad's face. So they have no capacity or desire to produce anything meaningful for this group.

I particularly like to work with students that have had a difficult past. Using the Success Story Format, we build on strengths, identify internal criticism, and host mock interviews to get people to the next level in their career goals. We do this all the time...
  25. luckviii

luckviii

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    How does the mastermind community view technology such as the iPad iPhone for preparation of MCAT and medical school?
    Last edited: 03.08.11
  26. TheMastermind

Attending Physician
    SDN Exhibitor
    Good question. We have done two recent Medical Mastermind Webinars where members shared the recent technology that they are successfully using in medical school and for the MCAT.

From my perspective, most of the content is online or in books so the method by which you access them is irrelevant.

What I'm intrigued by are the newer apps that can take screen shots and turn them into electronic flash cards in a matter of seconds - no more writing notes!
  27. kak9699

kak9699

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    This site seems pretty great and I've only gotten part way through looking around it. Sign me up for the raffle, please!
  28. luckviii

luckviii

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    With the world wide web, there appears to be limitless amount of advice about how to apply to medical school and preparation for MCAT? What criteria would you use to separate the helpful from not-so-helpful(sometimes dangerous) advice? How does Mastermind meets these criteria?
  29. apumic

apumic Oracle of the Sheet

Medical Student
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    I am curious what this community adds that, say, one cannot get from SDN? I.e., why would I want to pay to be a part of your community?
  30. TheMastermind

Attending Physician
    SDN Exhibitor

The best way to really answer this questions is to demonstrate it. I invite you to listen to the Medical School Podcast. Then, please help me try to articulate it in a brief blog post without being oversimplified.

Some people prefer forums where streams of conversations go on and on and you have to search for a bit of free advice, then decide if the source of your information has any real credibility.

Others prefer vetted information only and live, interactive feedback on every aspect of their professional development.
  31. drgioiadds

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I have listened to a few podcasts and have some pretty useful information. I used a prep company suggested to help me with verbal reasoning.
  32. bboiprfsr

bboiprfsr

Pre-Medical
    Is Medical MasterMind run by one person or more people?
  33. TheMastermind

Attending Physician
    SDN Exhibitor
    The Medical Mastermind Community is run by a dozen of part-time employees and myself. Thanks!
  34. TheMastermind

Attending Physician
    SDN Exhibitor
    Yes, Test Prep New York is one of our main partners for Verbal Reasoning in our grant proposal for the N.I.H.
  35. sc2016

sc2016

Pre-Medical
    How much does Mastermind help with personal statements in terms of editing?

Thanks!
  36. TheMastermind

Attending Physician
    SDN Exhibitor

How much of a difference in direction is a 180 degree turn?

Here's how the Medical Mastermind training tears down what you think you want to say in your personal essay and helps you build a compelling application:

1. Brainstorm work skills and life experiences using our Functional Asset Inventory
    2. Write 10-20 Success Stories based on a revolutionary S.A.R.s format
    3. Mastermind group feedback on your Success Stories during live Mock Interviews
    4. Re-writing your essay from the ground up - happens automatically!
    So much of the Mastermind training is about increasing personal and professional insight - the personal essay is a byproduct of this work.

Hope that helps...
  37. tharunam

tharunam

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I would like to be considered for this raffle.

Thanks.

:):):)
  38. TheMastermind

Attending Physician
    SDN Exhibitor