Test Tools RAFFLE! - win Essential Clinical Anatomy for iPad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lauraLWW

Vendor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
LWW will give away a free copy of Moore/Essential Clinical Anatomy on Inkling for iPad to 2 lucky members. Winners for the raffle will be drawn from among the members who post questions about the product or otherwise meaningfully contribute to the discussion.

Do you own an iPad? Planning to buy one? What do you think of this new delivery of medical education content?

Recently featured in a Wall Street Journal article, Inkling delivers “a textbook case in innovation.” See how you can transform your learning experience at http://www.inkling.com/wk_essential_clinical_anatomy/

Be sure to take our student survey for your chance to win an iPad!

Members don't see this ad.

I've used inkling for a couple of things and I think it's a handy way of delivering content. Does the Moore's app have large (and/or enlargeable) versions of the diagrams in the book? Aside from the weight difference, that would probably be the biggest thing for me.

I've used inkling for a couple of things and I think it's a handy way of delivering content. Does the Moore's app have large (and/or enlargeable) versions of the diagrams in the book? Aside from the weight difference, that would probably be the biggest thing for me.

Hi, Myuu--it sure does. You can simply tap on the figure to see the full-screen version. I would encourage you to download the free chapter or to check out the video on YouTube. Enjoy!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Probably a very difficult question for you to answer, but how have iPad books been received by students in your opinion? Especially one that is as visually based as a clinical anatomy text. I have never tried using a book that I couldn't physically hold/write in/highlight/etc. I am just wondering how most students make this transition.
Thanks

Probably a very difficult question for you to answer, but how have iPad books been received by students in your opinion? Especially one that is as visually based as a clinical anatomy text. I have never tried using a book that I couldn't physically hold/write in/highlight/etc. I am just wondering how most students make this transition.
Thanks

Hi RedRaider19! It has been my experience that students respond overwhemling positive to this technology due to the dynamic graphics and innovative features. Don't just take it from me! Check out these recent reviews regarding Inkling...

“Inkling sets itself apart, however, by offering a couple of features that are tailor-made for academia and also not available in any other current e-reader. The first is the glossary function. With two taps, I was able to access the text's embedded glossary of terms, so I could figure out what a "strategic business unit" was, all without having to flip to the end of a book or search through previous chapters for the answer. The second innovative function is a social networking feature that allows you to share highlights and notes with anyone from your in-app contact list.” -- Padvance

“I have to say, I am in love with Inkling. I used it because it looked cool, but now I'm just used to it, and I can't imagine going back to a normal book. I hope you have more textbooks soon!” -- Richard M., University of Alabama

Thanks

Hey, RedRaider--we don't mind 'difficult' in this case! The best response to your question is probably a student one--Stanford, UCI, and UCF are all experimenting with the technology and doing some longer-term analysis of the results. Here's one account from a UCI student which suggests the response is mixed; we're certainly of the opinion that support from students and integration into the curriculum (on the part of faculty) are critical factors.

are we able to highlight or write comments in the electronic textbook? Is there test questions for each chapter. And do you offer a version of this or other anatomy books for a regular mac? Thanks

are we able to highlight or write comments in the electronic textbook? Is there test questions for each chapter. And do you offer a version of this or other anatomy books for a regular mac? Thanks

Hi anonymouse1! Yes, you can take notes right inside the "text"! There are interactive quizzes at the end of each chapter to help you evaluate your understanding.

If you're looking for a digital anatomy text, many of ours are offered as eBooks. Check them out -- http://lippincott.lww.com/search?w=anatomy!

can the notes be saved? are these good for the macbook?. I will check out that link. Thank you.

Hi anonymouse1! Yes, you can take notes right inside the "text"! There are interactive quizzes at the end of each chapter to help you evaluate your understanding.

If you're looking for a digital anatomy text, many of ours are offered as eBooks. Check them out -- http://lippincott.lww.com/search?w=anatomy!

can the notes be saved? are these good for the macbook?. I will check out that link. Thank you.

Yes you can save your notes! Got a friend you trust? Want to see what the professor thinks? Follow their note streams and see their comments right alongside your own, right in the text.

This product is formatted for iPad and requires iOS 4.2 or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.