About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RAFFLE! - win our new 3D anatomy product

Discussion in 'Lippincott Williams & Wilkins' started by lauraLWW, Mar 4, 2011.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. lauraLWW

lauraLWW Exhibitor

SDN Exhibitor SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    LWW will give away a 1-year subscription to aclandanatomy.com to 2 lucky members. Winners for the raffle will be drawn from among the members who post questions about the product or otherwise meaningfully contribute to the discussion.

[​IMG]

Aclandanatomy.com supports the teaching and learning of anatomy with more than 300 narrated videos of REAL cadaver specimens. Your subscription gives you anytime, anywhere access – from any smartphone or tablet – while search and navigation tools make it easy to find only the content you need for course or exam review.

Take the free trial now & tell us what you think! https://store.aclandanatomy.com/

Be sure to take our student survey for your chance to win an iPad!
  2. the alchemist

the alchemist Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    Cool! Like Rohen's anatomy book but even better b/c its mobile!
  3. LWWsponsor

LWWsponsor Exhibitor

SDN Sponsor SDN Exhibitor
    You got it, alchemist! And when you put Acland together with the Rohen eBook, you get a strong (portable) combination for learning anatomy via images and video with REAL CADAVER SPECIMENS--not to mention the added clinical imaging (MRIs, CTs, and endoscopic techniques) found in Rohen.
  4. Sinfest

Sinfest Slick

Medical Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    If I know I will be without an internet connection at times, will I be able to download some of the videos before hand?
  5. caligrrl

caligrrl

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    My question is similar- is an internet connection required or can some of the materials be downloaded? My connection can be spotty in some buildings on campus. Looks like a great tool!
  6. LWWsponsor

LWWsponsor Exhibitor

Hi, Sinfest & CaliGirl--aclandanatomy.com is a web-based product, such that an internet connection is required to play the videos. You have a few alternatives if you're frequently in an environment where web access is an issue:

--download the PDF transcripts of the videos in advance (take the free trial to see how these work)
    --though not available with the unique online features (search functionality/email a clip/etc.) you might consider purchasing the DVD version of the site

We hope this helps and thank you for your feedback!
  7. MathDebate

MathDebate

Pre-Pharmacy
    What are the system requirements for running this product on a mobile phone?
  8. LWWsponsor

LWWsponsor Exhibitor

Hi, MathDebate--Here are the device requirements; from personal experience, I can tell you the site renders quite nicely on iPhone and iPad! If you haven't done so already, you can also sign up for the free 48 hour trial to see for yourself. Let us know what you think!
  9. infirmarydude

infirmarydude

Medical Student
    Army SDN 2+ Year Member
    I
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  10. JMLWW

JMLWW Exhibitor

Yes, it's a really cool product. Good luck in the raffle. Even if you don't win, you should try out a subscription and let us know what you think.
  11. isotope1979

isotope1979 NSU 2010

Medical Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    This looks amazing! Is there a sound component or just visual?
    Thank you.
  12. lauraLWW

lauraLWW Exhibitor

SDN Exhibitor SDN 2+ Year Member
    Yes, there is narration to accompany the visual elements. Sign up for the free 48 hour trial and let us know what you think! Thanks!