Random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread - Part 9

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beary

Pancytopenic
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread, part 9!! This is just a fun thread for random conversations and is frequented by some pretty awesome folks! :D Everyone is welcome!

lol%20keyboard.jpg

Final tally from part 8:
beary 1,307
Nikki2002 1,060
Anastasis 962
jlw9698 879
WilliamsF1 584
Arsenic 584
megboo 467
mshheaddoc 458
lilithny 379
Dr Durden 376
TypeA 357
oxeye 346
Mr. Tee 338
scentimint 322
UMP 296
BrettBatchelor 228
R.P. McMurphy 208
Crazy Canuck 177
supernova33418 168
gujuDoc 114
Hernandez 83
MollyMalone 81
QofQuimica 62
RAD11 53
Pemberley 24
Celina 13
Penny2004 12
gradu8in2003 12
R.P.McMurphy 8
EvoDevo 8
baylormed 6
rcd 4
Bismuth 4
BeatrixKiddo 3
Cozmosis 3
DRKUBA 3
corbis11 2
DrKnowItAll 2
Four 2
da_donut 1
physiclas87 1
smuwillobrien 1
polarbingbear 1
simpleman 1
sweetstuff25 1
supafield 1
icey 1
Darlaa 1

Members don't see this ad.

If there are no other students, I'll probably get to scrub in. I've shadowed my dad (gas) with this surgeon doing the surgery and he had a PA student shadowing him. He got to scrub in, but I just stayed by my dad watching the blips and the patient. It was cool, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
The last time I was there, he was doing a lap chole, and had the monitor turned enough so I could see what he was doing (I was standing pretty much on the side of the monitor). It was freaking cool!

If there are no other students, I'll probably get to scrub in. I've shadowed my dad (gas) with this surgeon doing the surgery and he had a PA student shadowing him. He got to scrub in, but I just stayed by my dad watching the blips and the patient. It was cool, though.
Very cool!

I'm shadowing the general surgeon that my dad works with over spring break! I was going to get a LOR from my mom's clinic, but we both thought it would be best that I try not to look too shady, especially since my married name has my maiden name still, and her clinicl's letterhead has her name on it.

So, their neighbor is the general surgeon for the hospital and my dad casually brought it up during surgery today, and he was like "cool!"

Dang! Why did my dad have to become a CPA? :rolleyes:

I ran for the first time in months tonight (because I don't have access to a pool). And I remembered why I stopped.

Seriously, every part of me hurts. And not the good kind of sore like after a swim where you just feel exhausted and proud all at the same time, I mean, "Give me a damn shot of morphine because I'm seriously contemplating removing my legs to avoid this pain" kind of hurt.

My exercise for tommorrow: Walking around the museum... I ain't doing this running crap no more.

I ran for the first time in months tonight (because I don't have access to a pool). And I remembered why I stopped.

Seriously, every part of me hurts. And not the good kind of sore like after a swim where you just feel exhausted and proud all at the same time, I mean, "Give me a damn shot of morphine because I'm seriously contemplating removing my legs to avoid this pain" kind of hurt.

:( Yeah running kills. Hope you feel better soon.

Just got back from Emory interviews...

I had a couple with pathologists and told them I'm interested in pathology. They even showed me around the path wing in the Emory hospital. It was really neat :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like a great interview T!

Well I had 9 faculty interviews. They weren't that great IMHO. I haven't interviewed for a month and was pretty rusty. I don't think I externally showed as much interest in the school as I could have.

Blech I'm really sick. If I'm still this bad in the morning I'm going to go see a doc in the box.

:( :( :( :( :(

I'm sorry oxeye.

I'm sick at least once a month and I know how you feel. One of the moms told me today that her kid, in addition to the flu, had some kind of conjunctivitis where her eyes were pasted shut and swollen. I was like "maybe that sort of symptom is appropriate for a trip to the ER...." ummmm... yeah. Glad she called to cancel!

I'm sorry oxeye.

I'm sick at least once a month and I know how you feel. One of the moms told me today that her kid, in addition to the flu, had some kind of conjunctivitis where her eyes were pasted shut and swollen. I was like "maybe that sort of symptom is appropriate for a trip to the ER...." ummmm... yeah. Glad she called to cancel!
Poor kid!!

My older daughter had orbital cellulitis when she was 14 months old. It was pretty scary. The scarier part is that when I called the ped's office, the nurse completely blew it off as "just pink eye, it will get better on its own" until I asked if it was normal for the skin around the eye to be swollen. Then she wanted us to come in ASAP.

And, I'm still in my pajamas!!! So far, no autopsies!! 3 hours to go. :thumbup:

I'm very happy I got to sleep in and looks like I will get a day of rest. :clap:

And, I'm still in my pajamas!!! So far, no autopsies!! 3 hours to go. :thumbup:

I'm very happy I got to sleep in and looks like I will get a day of rest. :clap:
good for you

my favorite coworker comes on at 2pm as my backup so I'm pumped about seeing her. :thumbup:

2 hours in, no pages yet.. and I'll be damned if typing that didn't just set that thing off. :scared:

good for you

my favorite coworker comes on at 2pm as my backup so I'm pumped about seeing her. :thumbup:

2 hours in, no pages yet.. and I'll be damned if typing that didn't just set that thing off. :scared:

Hey JLW. PWH was quite impressed by your diag. Is it a sad marriage when your husband talks about another woman's diagnostic score? :laugh:

I'm up waaaaay before lunch on Saturday. Amazing.

Have an hour and half to start hwk/mcat before I meet my sister for lunch.

I'm doing my first Kaplan FL this weekend. :eek: they seem pretty rough!!

My internet connection has been REALLY slow. I don't know what the problem is. I quit programs running in the background but that didn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.