Random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread - Part XXIX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Durden

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Despite the threat of being banned by certain evil Randomite moderators on power trips, I couldn't resist posting a nice set of breasts.

schick.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving Randomites!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
how's everyone? made it home.. couple papers to get written and some physics to get studied before back to school monday. short week coming up tho... good friday :):)

sneezing a ton... hope I didn't get too many germs at the doctor's office.. :(

eeek, the random thread pace has really slowed down.

just wanted to tell everyone that i matched at....... COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY!!!!!!! :eek::love::D:love::cool:

so happy you couldnt believe, they have one of the best internal medicine programs in the country and dude... living in NYC, insane. :love:

hope everyone is well!

just wanted to tell everyone that i matched at....... COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY!!!!!!! :eek::love::D:love::cool:

so happy you couldnt believe, they have one of the best internal medicine programs in the country and dude... living in NYC, insane. :love:

hope everyone is well!

I already posted this on your facebook profile, but CONGRATULATIONS 1000 times over!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you and my family friend who went to school with you. My other family friend also matched where she wanted to. I'm happy for you guys.

congrats arsenic!!! wooohooo!!

I studied for 9.5 hours today. Getting a handle on some loose ends. I kindof wish it would just bw here already, but then again I know I need the remaining four weekends.

Come on, thirty! :)

Members don't see this ad :)

just wanted to tell everyone that i matched at....... COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY!!!!!!!

hope everyone is well!

:love::love::love::love::love:

miserable here. my sneeezing turned into a fullblown cold overnight. what a way to end spring break :(

posting from thecouch. :love: to sdnmobile.

I hope you feel better gradu8. I can empathize. I've been sick (I think it is a viral thing along with a bacterial secondary infection), too.

hope everyone is well!

Congratulations!!!!! :thumbup: :)

hope everyone is well!

Joly Crap. Congrats!!

woke up to do a breathing treatment and got intrigued by a show on discovery health called "building babies". pretty amazing pictures there from waaay early in pregnancy.

happy good friday! hope it means a day off for most of our randomites!

flood waters= bad

I'll be staying with friends for the next few nights. For those of you who've been to Chez Pingouin: water is up on the road that my subdivision is off of. The house is fine b/c it's on a hill, but this is not looking good. :(

flood waters= bad

I'll be staying with friends for the next few nights. For those of you who've been to Chez Pingouin: water is up on the road that my subdivision is off of. The house is fine b/c it's on a hill, but this is not looking good. :(

Uh oh! Prayers that your house is okay and that the waters recede quickly!!

hope everyone is well!
CONGRATS MAN!!!! That's so awesome! You rock times a million! :D

:clap: :hardy: :clap:

this would be the exit for my house- you can see the highway running in front of the two hotels toward the right

083229434_Picture%20102.jpg

Stay safe and that goes to Mr. tee too if he is reading this as he's in st. Louis too!!!!!

But wow oh wow, that looks like a river was built over the city.

I've not even seen flooding like that in Fl. and we live in the target central for hurricane season.

flood waters= bad

Oh my God! What happened? It's dry here in KCMO... Stay safe!!! :luck:

my grandfather had emergency surgery this morning... bad bowel obstruction and low blood pressure (internal bleed). they called family in because they didn't think hed make it.... he pulled theough the surgery but his blood pressure is still very very low and he's still on a vent.

prayers, four leaf clovers, and well wishes please!!!!

gradu8- sorry about your grandpa. :(

thanks for everyone's safety wishes. I'm back home now. Went for a walk today and took some pictures:

That's some deep water. :( That's my primary route to work/school/anywhere I have to go. The paper says it's going to be open tomorrow, but this was at 1:30 today so I find that a little hard to believe. You can see the side of the flood wall (gray concrete toward the right side of the pic).
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r251/jlw9698/Flood%202008/LookingeastonVancetoward141-Kindade.jpg

This is the floodgate (on high zoom) about 1/4 mile from my street. The schools (HS, MS, and elem) are immediately on the other side, so they're dry as a bone right now.
FloodgateonVanceon9xZoomTheVPschool.jpg

Finally, the start of a fitness trail just down the street. You can see the park bench, sign, and garbage can...
FitnessTrailoffVance-notetheparkben.jpg

my grandfather had emergency surgery this morning... bad bowel obstruction and low blood pressure (internal bleed). they called family in because they didn't think hed make it.... he pulled theough the surgery but his blood pressure is still very very low and he's still on a vent.

prayers, four leaf clovers, and well wishes please!!!!

Wow, Gradu8, I'm praying for the most beneficial outcome. :luck:

gradu8- sorry about your grandpa. :(

thanks for everyone's safety wishes. I'm back home now.

Sorry about the flooding :(

We just got home from SE MO - I got your message today. There's no cell service at the lake house. There's lots of flooding in the lowlands by the Miss. River down there too, but receding since there hasn't been any rain in the past few days.

Stay dry - I'll call you this week!

things are status quo... his bp is up to abt 86/66 with pressors.. the highest its been all day. they are pretty sure its due to shock/sepsis from the obstruction.

weaning him off the vent and hoping to extubate in the morning. i'm not going anywhere at least until then... but praying he's better tom..then back to school. of course I want to be here... but I can only do so much and be so many places at once.

thanks for the prayers guys. and pinguoin, I'm glad to see you're home :)

things are status quo... his bp is up to abt 86/66 with pressors.. the highest its been all day. they are pretty sure its due to shock/sepsis from the obstruction.

weaning him off the vent and hoping to extubate in the morning. i'm not going anywhere at least until then... but praying he's better tom..then back to school. of course I want to be here... but I can only do so much and be so many places at once.

thanks for the prayers guys. and pinguoin, I'm glad to see you're home :)

sorry to hear about your gramps. I hope he gets well and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Penguin,
Glad to see the flooding is receding. That first picture seriously looked like god made a river over St. Louis. If not for the signs of humann development, it could have passed for such. Stay dry and hope nothing in your home is damaged and that the rest of the waters recede soon.

Wow, haven't been on there forever. Had my U of Alberta interview last weekend, I think it went well; gotta wait till May 15th to find out now. Then had 2 exams last week, one more exam coming this week, and then I'm flying out to my Queen's interview on Friday. Totally overwhelmed with schoolwork right now, it's not even funny...but it'll all be over on April 30th!:thumbup:

Wow, haven't been on there forever. Had my U of Alberta interview last weekend, I think it went well; gotta wait till May 15th to find out now. Then had 2 exams last week, one more exam coming this week, and then I'm flying out to my Queen's interview on Friday. Totally overwhelmed with schoolwork right now, it's not even funny...but it'll all be over on April 30th!:thumbup:

Good luck jochi!!!

My grandfather seems better... they are weaning him off his pressors before extubating, so that is taking longer than we'd hoped. But his pressure is up to 105/75 or so which is positive. It's been a very bumpy ride.

Took a KAP FL at the hospital, made a 9 PS but dumb mistakes. Could've had an 11. I feel as though i'm finally getting somewhere. :love:

Just a few more weeks...

congrats and good luck with getting good news. BTW what are the 5 languages you can speak?? That is pretty impressive. For some reason I've always been really impressed with people that can communicate in multiple languages.

I know, right?! Everyone must be incredibly busy...

I spent the weekend locked away with my secret lover, MCAT (*rolls eyes*) and am NOT looking forward to back to school/back to work.

My next two weekends are busy enough, and add any spare moment studying to get a recipe for little sleep and mucho stress.

I know, right?! Everyone must be incredibly busy...

I spent the weekend locked away with my secret lover, MCAT (*rolls eyes*) and am NOT looking forward to back to school/back to work.

My next two weekends are busy enough, and add any spare moment studying to get a recipe for little sleep and mucho stress.

Things have been extremely busy here. But since this dropped to the second page, I feel the need to do a drive by posting to keep it alive :D

Wrapping up a lot of things for school. One week left! W00t!!

Things have been extremely busy here. But since this dropped to the second page, I feel the need to do a drive by posting to keep it alive :D

Wrapping up a lot of things for school. One week left! W00t!!

only one week left? man. I still have like 5 :eek:

Also, the sharks will win the cup!

feeling pretty good abt my genetics test today, considering I shouldve studied more this weekend.
I'm so stressed. it is time for summer!

I agree... even though all that awaits me in summer is MCAT prep, I still think it will be better than the frenzy of school work. Though I'll probably be singing a different tune come June or July...

Status
Not open for further replies.