Random Stuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
New experience for the week: we were working with small scale dairy farmers in a remote mountain Indonesian village this week and the other day we had a case of dystocia. After the calf was delivered successfully, we carried on with working...then for dinner, they put a cheese-ish like block of stuff in front of us. When a calf is born, they take half the colostrum, cook and fry it, and eat it! View attachment 182469View attachment 182470
Barf. I generally don't like cheese and just looking at that colostrum cheese made me mentally gag a little bit. It looks like the kind that would stick to your teeth and you'd have to endure the cheesy colostrum taste for hours afterwards.

Members don't see this ad.

Barf. I generally don't like cheese and just looking at that colostrum cheese made me mentally gag a little bit. It looks like the kind that would stick to your teeth and you'd have to endure the cheesy colostrum taste for hours afterwards.
:eek: You have blasphemed the great name of cheese, you shall be harshly punished for your transgressions...

But seriously, I love cheese. That stuff looked so good.

Reactions: 3 users
:eek: You have blasphemed the great name of cheese, you shall be harshly punished for your transgressions...

But seriously, I love cheese. That stuff looked so good.
Sorry! I've just never liked it. I'll have some cheese on a sandwich or a hamburger, but alone? no way.

Members don't see this ad :)
My bf will have nothing to do with cheese of any form. It really puts a damper on our relationship.

No mac and cheese
No nachos
No lasagna
Etc.

More for me I guess?

Reactions: 1 user
My bf will have nothing to do with cheese of any form. It really puts a damper on our relationship.

No mac and cheese
No nachos
No lasagna
Etc.

More for me I guess?

:eek:

No cheese?

I understand the reasons behind no mac and cheese... Gross.

But no cheese at all, is bad for the health. ;)

Reactions: 1 users

No mac and cheese
No nachos
No lasagna
Etc.

More for me I guess?
So much the opposite of my bf. Basic food groups: steak, pie, mac n cheese, bread.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't diss mac and cheese until you've tried the bliss that is lobster mac and cheese.

Not that Kraft crap. Gotta be done right.

Do you mean mac and cheese from red lobster?

Or mac and cheese with lobster in it?

I hate sea food, so the one option is disgusting.

I like real mac and cheese, homemade, with homemade noodles and real cheese.

The kraft stuff is awful, my sisters say I am unAmerican for not liking box mac and cheese, but that fake cheese is so disgusting.

Do you mean mac and cheese from red lobster?

Or mac and cheese with lobster in it?

I hate sea food, so the one option is disgusting.

I like real mac and cheese, homemade, with homemade noodles and real cheese.

The kraft stuff is awful, my sisters say I am unAmerican for not liking box mac and cheese, but that fake cheese is so disgusting.

Yeah homemade is way better.

Red lobster is gross. I meant mac and cheese with lobster in it. Fair enough if you don't like sea food. It's delicious for those who do though.

Yeah homemade is way better.

Red lobster is gross. I meant mac and cheese with lobster in it. Fair enough if you don't like sea food. It's delicious for those who do though.

I agree, Red lobster is gross, but my little sister seems to love it so I get stuck going there every once in a while.

Don't diss mac and cheese until you've tried the bliss that is lobster mac and cheese.

Not that Kraft crap. Gotta be done right.

Lobster mac and cheese is my favorite food EVER. So hard to find a restaurant that does it well though. Either the lobster is great and the mac and cheese is dry as a bone, or the mac and cheese is creamy and delicious while the lobster is fishy and nasty.

The struggle is real.

Ohhh right, I forgot Kraft calls it two different things. The name Kraft Dinner makes absolutely no sense.

Yes it does...you eat the whole box for dinner...Kraft Dinner

Reactions: 5 users
So get this, the boyfriend doesn't like dogs. But he's made comments that if we were to get a dog, he want's a wolf breed "because they're cool, and just the right size." I use huskies as an example; doesn't he know how much they shed? If he want's a husky he can brush it and vacuum everyday xD

Reactions: 1 users
So get this, the boyfriend doesn't like dogs. But he's made comments that if we were to get a dog, he want's a wolf breed "because they're cool, and just the right size." I use huskies as an example; doesn't he know how much they shed? If he want's a husky he can brush it and vacuum everyday xD
Doesn't like dogs but would prefer one of the most high maintenance breeds around :rolleyes:
They are really gorgeous dogs though

Doesn't like dogs but would prefer one of the most high maintenance breeds around :rolleyes:
They are really gorgeous dogs though
They really are, I just think that he'd be better off with a small dog that's well trained.

They really are, I just think that he'd be better off with a small dog that's well trained.
Yeah, I getcha. I'm generally a fan of larger dogs, but at least small dogs are easier to control. Does he have a particular reason why he doesn't like dogs?

Yeah, I getcha. I'm generally a fan of larger dogs, but at least small dogs are easier to control. Does he have a particular reason why he doesn't like dogs?
Jumping up on people and the constant licking. Both traits that can be remedied through good training.

I'm pretty sure it IS socially acceptable:idea:
I thought so too. But I do get a lot of weird looks whenever I have dinner with friends. I always assumed I was a messy cheese eater or something.

Jumping up on people and the constant licking. Both traits that can be remedied through good training.
If you want to dissuade him from wanting a husky or husky-like breed, I know a few you could introduce him to. They're lovely dogs, but they're high energy and super social and love nothing more than to jump up and lick people in the face (the huskies I know, not necessarily all husky-like dogs). :laugh:

I love her but good lord my husky is the sassiest dog I have ever met in my life.
AMEN. My husky is always trying to challenge me with something, and is super uber hyper to top it off. That and I swear in the summer months I can stuff 5 pillows with how much hair comes off of him.

AMEN. My husky is always trying to challenge me with something, and is super uber hyper to top it off. That and I swear in the summer months I can stuff 5 pillows with how much hair comes off of him.
Exactly!!

Seriously. I should make a sweater or something. Though I think the other mixed breed might shed even more...

She's not super energetic, kinda lazy for a husky actually, but she does what she wants. Well, she usually obeys but she makes her displeasure very known. Can't say I've ever met a husky more vocal than her. Lots of wooing.

Seriously. I should make a sweater or something. Though I think the other mixed breed might shed even more...

She's not super energetic, kinda lazy for a husky actually, but she does what she wants. Well, she usually obeys but she makes her displeasure very known. Can't say I've ever met a husky more vocal than her. Lots of wooing.
Haha, I always tell people that I should make something out of his hair. It literally looks like it snowed in the yard after I get done brushing him (after he whines and complains as I'm doing it of course). He's not horribly vocal (except at the cats and when he wants to complain), but he is very hard headed, and believes he can do whatever he wants, whenever he wants. He also has enough energy to run 100 miles I think, he would be great for someone training for a marathon. He definitely keeps me on my toes.

Huskies "talking" is one of my favorite things, though I'm sure it would probably get annoying if you were living with it :D

I mean she's not that bad. Only the occasional arbitrary seeming howl; usually it's because of some stimuli. Someone rang the door bell, guests are in the house, it's dinner time, you called her, she wants you to pet her, she wants you to stop petting her, she wants to be let out/in, etc. Basically business as usual she's normally quiet, anything interesting (to her) happening, expect woos.