Random Stuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
dog-riding-dolphin-haters-gonna-hate-chillin-1360024828T.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
So this isn't a rant or a rave but a story I felt needed sharing with you fine folks. Last night at work (ER vet clinic - relatively new job I started this summer) I was helping lift an 80 lb dog off a table and he squirmed/twisted out of mine and the tech's arms. Well somehow in that movement my middle finger ended up up his bum. That's right, I accidentally gave a dog a mini rectal exam... and of course was not wearing gloves and got a brown finger for my trouble. Came into work today and a tech who wasn't there when it happened greeted me as "Brownfinger." So now I have a new nickname at work. :smack:

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to be exposing my inner poké-nerd. I'm theming my new bathroom as Umbreon, so black and yellow. Sure those are my undergrad colors, so it serves a dual purpose!

Reactions: 1 users
Definitely my favorite eevolution. I can't wait until everything comes together!

I'm going to be exposing my inner poké-nerd. I'm theming my new bathroom as Umbreon, so black and yellow. Sure those are my undergrad colors, so it serves a dual purpose!
I always loved how Espeon looked, but Umbreon was definitely better ;)

So next spring break, me and boyfriend's family are going to Hawaii. I want to go scuba diving, but I'm not certified. How long would certification take, or is there short classes for tourists? I want to have information before I suggest something to everyone that might not be workable.

Members don't see this ad :)
So next spring break, me and boyfriend's family are going to Hawaii. I want to go scuba diving, but I'm not certified. How long would certification take, or is there short classes for tourists? I want to have information before I suggest something to everyone that might not be workable.

Jmo will have to chime in on certification, but I went without being certified and still had a blast. :)

Manini Dive Company fwiw.

Reactions: 1 user

That is the one thing I wish I had before I went to the Galapagos. Everyone kept saying the diving was amazing. I'm sure you can take a short class there for tourists. I feel like that's kind of common at places known for diving. Pretty sure some of the groups in the Galapagos even had it.

Take me with you! Can I hide in your carry on?

That is the one thing I wish I had before I went to the Galapagos. Everyone kept saying the diving was amazing. I'm sure you can take a short class there for tourists. I feel like that's kind of common at places known for diving. Pretty sure some of the groups in the Galapagos even had it.

Yeah I'm sure. A little shady, perhaps...but it'll get you down and back. I'm with you, if I had a chance I'd go back to the islands just to get a chance to dive.

I want to get certified so if (hopefully) I get to Australia next summer...great barrier reef :D

Yeah I'm sure. A little shady, perhaps...but it'll get you down and back. I'm with you, if I had a chance I'd go back to the islands just to get a chance to dive.

I want to get certified so if (hopefully) I get to Australia next summer...great barrier reef :D

Oh definitely. None of the locals recommended we spend the money on it. Went snorkeling instead which was still pretty awesome. Swam with some sharks, sea turtles, octopi, and rays.

Oh definitely. None of the locals recommended we spend the money on it. Went snorkeling instead which was still pretty awesome. Swam with some sharks, sea turtles, octopi, and rays.

Yep I did about the same. Minus the octopi, plus penguins! Saw a baby shark too, was only like 1.5 feet long. :)

there are a couple of ways to go about this. it depends on a few things - do you ultimately want scuba diving as a life skill? are you simply looking to try it once? what is your personality like? what are you current dive resources vs. where you're going?

if you pm me, i might be able to help you better determine what the best course of action is for you :)

Ohh talking about diving.. I'm taking the class in the fall through our school :D way cheaper and they said we get certification! Of what level, I'm not sure

First night in my new place in FL, having adjustment issues. Somewhat homesick, and surprised at that, but I am happy I have my dog here with me - Just hope she settles in okay too, big changes all around. Having to go by school and new job tomorrow too, feeling like I should've stayed up north even though I know it was way way within my comfort zone and I needed to take a leap to chase the vet school dream.

First night in my new place in FL, having adjustment issues. Somewhat homesick, and surprised at that, but I am happy I have my dog here with me - Just hope she settles in okay too, big changes all around. Having to go by school and new job tomorrow too, feeling like I should've stayed up north even though I know it was way way within my comfort zone and I needed to take a leap to chase the vet school dream.
You've totally got this, SV88!

I know how you feel about the big move. I moved up to Philly a few weeks ago to work on residency/potentially applying for the VMD-PhD. I'm definitely grateful for my dog, even if she drives me crazy sometimes :). Good luck with work!!!

I know how you feel about the big move. I moved up to Philly a few weeks ago to work on residency/potentially applying for the VMD-PhD. I'm definitely grateful for my dog, even if she drives me crazy sometimes :). Good luck with work!!!
Thanks bright impressio :) Just a big change and a slew of things all happening at once to get adjusted to. I moved down here for residency as well so I can apply next year. Nice to know we are alone in our madness! ;)

Feel free to come to happy hours and stuff. A guy in V'17 was supposed to be in my class, but deferred for the same reasons. He popped in at a few of the evening orientation activities (they start this week! I can probably get info for you if you're interested, but I'm on vacation so I won't be there) and happy hours every now and then.

Feel free to come to happy hours and stuff. A guy in V'17 was supposed to be in my class, but deferred for the same reasons. He popped in at a few of the evening orientation activities (they start this week! I can probably get info for you if you're interested, but I'm on vacation so I won't be there) and happy hours every now and then.
That would actually be awesome! I'd love to show up to a few things and meet some people :).

I totally feel you, I just moved in to my place in CO this last weekend for residency. I've lived in San Diego my whole life so this is definitely a change. And the hardest part is that I left my dog behind, so I'm glad you have your pup.

I totally feel you, I just moved in to my place in CO this last weekend for residency. I've lived in San Diego my whole life so this is definitely a change. And the hardest part is that I left my dog behind, so I'm glad you have your pup.
I'm glad I have mine, but I also feel guilty because it's a huge change for her too. So there's two sides to that coin :) I hope we end up liking FL! I've always loved to visit/vaca here but it's different when you're relocating permanently. To top it off I'm having such issues with my classes here that I may not be taking them this semester which would push the applications back by a year. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Transferring credits and financial aid issues... SO not what I wanted to deal with!

I'm glad there are more of us who moved for residency :) It makes me feel not so insane! And CA to CO is a serious weather change, but I've heard only great things from my friends who have been in CO. I've never been myself.

Did you know that gay shapeshifter cuttlefish erotica existed? Because I didn't. And I'm DYING of laughter over here (NSFW).

Second Link said:
The dark pigment sine-waved

Yes, because everyone needs trig references in their erotica.

EDIT: Reading the reviews for this book has me so viscerally disturbed that I really am at a loss for words. The fact that this has 5-star ratings is I guess the icing on the cake.

EDIT 2: I CAN'T. (Link to a work by the same author, NSFW warning)

Last edited:
So, if anyone would appreciate this, I figured it would be you guys. I watched Chorus Line the other day, and then dreamed that night I was applying for vet school and it was a Chorus-Line-esque audition process :laugh: It felt so real!

Last edited:
That was my second favourite. I wonder if the dude is stock art, or if she roped a friend into standing topless with fireman hat and a goofy grin.

I looked at that second link you had (which, thank you by the way. An excellent way to spend a Sunday) and I really do wonder who they rope into making the covers for those things. Like, do these "authors" take liberties with Photoshop, too?

After their onslaught, Photoshop probably feels like Photobargain, the poor thing.

I'd been looking up therio externships, and I'm not even in school yet. I'm either crazy or crazy optimistic.

Having a rough transition to Florida. Both of my friends here are currently at UF cvm and I'm going a little stir crazy waiting for my jobs to start. Who knew you needed so much paperwork? I miss home with friends and a routine :( hate not knowing anyone.

Posted using SDN Mobile

Having a rough transition to Florida. Both of my friends here are currently at UF cvm and I'm going a little stir crazy waiting for my jobs to start. Who knew you needed so much paperwork? I miss home with friends and a routine :( hate not knowing anyone.

Posted using SDN Mobile
do you have any fun hobbies? i met people in raleigh by befriending people at the local dive shop and joining the dive club. if you don't have any hobbies that would help get you out and about, i highly recommend trying out diving because its a fantastic way to meet people and have a lot of fun!

do you have any fun hobbies? i met people in raleigh by befriending people at the local dive shop and joining the dive club. if you don't have any hobbies that would help get you out and about, i highly recommend trying out diving because its a fantastic way to meet people and have a lot of fun!
I'm trying to get my old horse (as in used to own) down here since there are issues at his barn and I am in a better position to care for him financially and with my available time. Things aren't going great, unfortunately, in that department :/ And I haven't had much time for hobbies the past few years because of my work/school schedule so I've got to find some new ones :)

Any species in mind?

I did that too. Hehe.
Large animal. I'd be on cloud nine if I could do an equine therio externship during clinical or an internship during the summer or pre-residency.

Got pulled into a fantasy football league...not really sure what I'm doing...this should be entertaining.
Me too! I love football but had largely sworn off the fantasy thing because I would only ever want to cheer for the Steelers. So we'll see how it goes.

Me too! I love football but had largely sworn off the fantasy thing because I would only ever want to cheer for the Steelers. So we'll see how it goes.

Yeah...I just don't know anything. I recognized maybe like 7 players names out of what people drafted (maybe a bit more...). Apparently I have a decent team thanks to my position in the draft and my bf's assistance. He's a bit annoyed but oh well. I'll cook him dinner or something.