Random Stuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Where did you find this? I would like to get an interactive toy for my cat while I am gone during the day. She is very active normally but can only play alone with stuffed mice and balls for so long before she gets bored. I would like for her to have something entertaining for while I am gone, especially next year when I am on clinics. I did put up a bird feeder outside so she does get some nice bird watching in which she seems to really enjoy. But holy carp can birds eat, they can polish off everything I put into it in less than a day so I can't keep it full all the time because I don't have the money to get an endless supply of bird seed. :laugh:

I have the same thing and got it at a smaller retail store (Pet Valu - not sure if they're in the States or not).

Members don't see this ad.

Where did you find this? I would like to get an interactive toy for my cat while I am gone during the day. She is very active normally but can only play alone with stuffed mice and balls for so long before she gets bored. I would like for her to have something entertaining for while I am gone, especially next year when I am on clinics. I did put up a bird feeder outside so she does get some nice bird watching in which she seems to really enjoy. But holy carp can birds eat, they can polish off everything I put into it in less than a day so I can't keep it full all the time because I don't have the money to get an endless supply of bird seed. :laugh:
I got mine on Amazon, my cat loves it :) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006TQU36/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I ordered some slimcat food dispensers for my cats today! I'm so excited for them to have an interactive toy. They're really been getting into the houseplants recently so I hope a game will help with their enrichment. Also, I'm excited to watch them figure it out.
2wqtr3k.jpg
i wish my dog would play with these. as much as he LOVES food, he wont touch food toys. its weird

Members don't see this ad :)
Reactions: 1 users
Thanks!

So this link took me to the pink one... which is $7.80
I click on the orange one... it is $9.06
I click on the green one... it is $5.95
I click on the blue one... it is $4.49

My favorite colors are blue and green. I hate orange and pink. Works out perfectly! :)
Yep, I got mine from Amazon! I ended up getting the orange and green because they were the only two available for Amazon Prime and I'm just too impatient to wait :eek:

Did the SDN layout change for anyone else today? I guess that's what they were updating on Sunday. Maybe it's better in some way, but my knee-jerk reaction was "it's different, I don't like it!" The thread titles are all in giant font and the left and right margins are huge. Luckily they give you the option to change back to the old layout (or even the OLD old layout!).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Did the SDN layout change for anyone else today? I guess that's what they were updating on Sunday. Maybe it's better in some way, but my knee-jerk reaction was "it's different, I don't like it!" The thread titles are all in giant font and the left and right margins are huge. Luckily they give you the option to change back to the old layout (or even the OLD old layout!).
You should try the "Test" layout

Members don't see this ad :)
Made homemade sweet potato turkey shepherd's pie tonight. It turned out pretty well, although I think it was missing some sort of seasoning, but I can't really place what. I also might need to bake it a little longer next time to make the potatoes more crunchy.

But I'm proud of myself for using all fresh ingredients and actually mashing potatoes vs. using a box.

These are cute but really expensive. :(

They're 30% off today (doesn't save a whole lot I know...). And that's one thing the people make them dislike since they have to use an outside company right now to sell them, since they're just starting their whole business. They do have frequent coupons for discounts if you like Give A Fluff on Facebook. I'm also pretty sure they donate a portion of their sales to rescues/shelters/dogs/pets in need, so it's for a good cause too.

They're 30% off today (doesn't save a whole lot I know...). And that's one thing the people make them dislike since they have to use an outside company right now to sell them, since they're just starting their whole business. They do have frequent coupons for discounts if you like Give A Fluff on Facebook. I'm also pretty sure they donate a portion of their sales to rescues/shelters/dogs/pets in need, so it's for a good cause too.

Yeah, I just can't justify that much money for a mug right now, especially since I don't really use mugs all that often. I might start using them more once winter really kicks in for hot chocolate, but I don't drink coffee or tea so I don't have any other use for a mug. The travel mug I could just use to carry water in to school, but it is nearly $30.

Yeah, I just can't justify that much money for a mug right now, especially since I don't really use mugs all that often. I might start using them more once winter really kicks in for hot chocolate, but I don't drink coffee or tea so I don't have any other use for a mug. The travel mug I could just use to carry water in to school, but it is nearly $30.

I forgot that you don't drink coffee/tea, so yeah, I totally get the cost thing...my post wasn't mean to pressure at all if it came off that way. I'm a pretty big coffee drinker so anything that combines my love of coffee and corgis, I can somewhat justify...

I forgot that you don't drink coffee/tea, so yeah, I totally get the cost thing...my post wasn't mean to pressure at all if it came off that way. I'm a pretty big coffee drinker so anything that combines my love of coffee and corgis, I can somewhat justify...

No, it didn't come off as pressure at all... I just wish they were cheaper... along with everything else in life. ;)

So I'm having a mid-college crisis. I'm graduating in December and (hopefully) starting vet school in the following fall. That leaves 8 months of doing I don't know what. There's no industry job in the area (I'm stuck in my lease) so I'll end up working part time somewhere. But it'll be the first time in 3.5 years that I haven't been taking some kind of classes.
On a similar note, how early should I be contacting places (preferably vet offices for kennel or vet assistant positions) if I want to start work in January?

So I'm having a mid-college crisis. I'm graduating in December and (hopefully) starting vet school in the following fall. That leaves 8 months of doing I don't know what. There's no industry job in the area (I'm stuck in my lease) so I'll end up working part time somewhere. But it'll be the first time in 3.5 years that I haven't been taking some kind of classes.
On a similar note, how early should I be contacting places (preferably vet offices for kennel or vet assistant positions) if I want to start work in January?
I'm in the same boat when it comes to not being in classes for the first time in forever. It's kinda weird at first, but you'll definitely learn to appreciate it! :) It's nice being able to actually choose when I want to go to sleep at night haha.

As far as contacting vet offices, I'm sure it couldn't hurt to start asking now! When I was in undergrad it took about 2 months for the vet clinic I contacted to reach out to me and offer me a volunteering position.

I'm in the same boat when it comes to not being in classes for the first time in forever. It's kinda weird at first, but you'll definitely learn to appreciate it! :) It's nice being able to actually choose when I want to go to sleep at night haha.

As far as contacting vet offices, I'm sure it couldn't hurt to start asking now! When I was in undergrad it took about 2 months for the vet clinic I contacted to reach out to me and offer me a volunteering position.
I guess I'll start reaching out now then. I've never actually done this before, what's the best way? I've heard that going to the office and presenting yourself is your best bet. I'm looking for paid work, I'm not sure my fridge or stomach will stand for volunteering ;)

I guess I'll start reaching out now then. I've never actually done this before, what's the best way? I've heard that going to the office and presenting yourself is your best bet. I'm looking for paid work, I'm not sure my fridge or stomach will stand for volunteering ;)
When I did it I sent emails out to a bunch of places just to see if they were looking to hire someone. This was part my social anxiety, part not wanting to waste their time if they weren't hiring. It worked for me (and I also had the excuse of being 800 miles away at the time), but if more people say that actually going there in person is better...then do that :D

So advice time. Whats the best way to tell a 3rd roommate that you don't want to live with them anymore?
Backstory: Me (hopeful vet student) and my prospective roommate (1st year student) were planning on getting a 2b 2bt apartment. A friend of ours somewhere along the line got shoehorned into our plans (partially my fault. Didn't have a backbone to tell him no at the time). Third roommate is a marketing major, not sure what his future plans are right now as far as academics go. Me and 1st year know that vet school sucks, and there's not time for socializing. Marketing Major is a big social butterfly, asking us if we want to hang out every weekend. 1st year and I have already decided that due to other contributing factors that it'd be best if him and I live with just us or perhaps another vet student. We're planning on breaking the news tonight so Marketing Major has plenty of time to arrange other housing options. But 1st year and I are afraid that if we tell Marketing Major that we don't want to live with him, that he'll take it personally and we'll lose a good friend.

So advice time. Whats the best way to tell a 3rd roommate that you don't want to live with them anymore?
Backstory: Me (hopeful vet student) and my prospective roommate (1st year student) were planning on getting a 2b 2bt apartment. A friend of ours somewhere along the line got shoehorned into our plans (partially my fault. Didn't have a backbone to tell him no at the time). Third roommate is a marketing major, not sure what his future plans are right now as far as academics go. Me and 1st year know that vet school sucks, and there's not time for socializing. Marketing Major is a big social butterfly, asking us if we want to hang out every weekend. 1st year and I have already decided that due to other contributing factors that it'd be best if him and I live with just us or perhaps another vet student. We're planning on breaking the news tonight so Marketing Major has plenty of time to arrange other housing options. But 1st year and I are afraid that if we tell Marketing Major that we don't want to live with him, that he'll take it personally and we'll lose a good friend.

Honestly I'd be straight forward and tell him why you think it's a bad idea for you all to live together. If he's a real friend he should understand. Just my opinion and how I'd handle it.

Reactions: 1 user
Sadly I think it has more of an impact on those of us who have seen the song floating around the internet for the last two years :laugh:
Don't get me wrong, I definitely enjoyed it! ;)

Don't get me wrong, I definitely enjoyed it! ;)
I just remember when the song first showed up on tumblr and everyone was like "wtf is this..." but it was EVERYWHERE
And now this...I've watched it 3 times and I can't stop laughing :laugh:

:wtf:http://nocastration.org/

*meh it wont upload the billboard picture that we saw saying "Don't castrate your best friend"

Cheaper, faster and safer? It highly doubt it is cheaper. Faster, definitely not. How in the world would you do a tubal ligation on a dog with "minimal sedation".... .seriously? That isn't even possible, still going to need full anesthesia.

Cheaper, faster and safer? It highly doubt it is cheaper. Faster, definitely not. How in the world would you do a tubal ligation on a dog with "minimal sedation".... .seriously? That isn't even possible, still going to need full anesthesia.
i vote we try that minimal sedation on the human species first and see how that goes...:shifty:

Reactions: 4 users
i vote we try that minimal sedation on the human species first and see how that goes...:shifty:

When they do vasectomy in a dude, he is awake - it's just local, right? But... and this is important... when you tell a guy, "Hold still, or I might accidentally f*ck up your junk," they probably listen really well.

Reactions: 4 users