Random Stuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This video will change your life

the only way this could have changed my life is if my perplexed expression turned permanent as in "why in the hell would anyone bother to do this".

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Veterinary schools routinely teach these procedures. Any competent vet can easily do them if they want to, since they are much easier and simpler than castration.

Who the heck are they kidding?!! I was never taught how to do a vasectomy or a tubal ligation in vet school and I've never worked in a practice where any other vet was taught that either. Where do they get this crap?! Do they seriously just sit there and make it up?!

Members don't see this ad :)
NSFW, but absolutely hilarious. Amazon's Siri equivalent reads 50 Shades.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm trying to think of some topics to start threads on in order to liven up this place a bit...

Not for the purpose of trolling, just for some discussion. Hmmm.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm trying to think of some topics to start threads on in order to liven up this place a bit...

Not for the purpose of trolling, just for some discussion. Hmmm.

I don't know what you are thinking of but there is an old thread called, "What are you doing". People used to chat in there back and forth when they were bored.

I don't know what you are thinking of but there is an old thread called, "What are you doing". People used to chat in there back and forth when they were bored.

I'm trying to think of different veterinary-related topics that would make for some interesting discussion, but I totally forgot about the "What are you doing" thread!

I'm trying to think of different veterinary-related topics that would make for some interesting discussion, but I totally forgot about the "What are you doing" thread!

Veterinary-related topics: Hmm... what aspect of vet med are you interested in and why, funny things you have heard from clients, pet owners, family, the internet about vet med (the things that make you just facepalm), what do you think is the coolest disease/condition/whatever.

Can't think of anything else right now.

So sort of a random question, but I didn't want to make another thread. I've been considering picking up the guitar again, and hopefully using that as a method of stress relief in vet school. But wouldn't my callouses inhibit palpation and feeling?

So sort of a random question, but I didn't want to make another thread. I've been considering picking up the guitar again, and hopefully using that as a method of stress relief in vet school. But wouldn't my callouses inhibit palpation and feeling?

I'm not super well acquainted with what callouses you get from guitar, but I have pretty much killed my fingertips' nerves from cooking and have pretty intense callouses elsewhere on my hands from circus stuff and I've honestly never had a problem. Not that I'm the world's best palpator or anything, but it hasn't come up for me at least.

Don't think so. My bf's been playing guitar for over 10 years and doesn't seem to have a problem. I frequently have callouses elsewhere on my hands from weight lifting, and haven't found it to be and issue...although I'm not the best at palpating in general.

Many of you know of the issues I've been dealing with - my one tech. Well, today they played Frozen songs all afternoon (and sang along) so I came up with these new lyrics:

My temper glows bright in the hospital tonight.
Not a technician to be seen.
A kingdom of isolation,
and it looks like I'm the Queen
My anger is howling like this swirling storm inside
Couldn't keep it in;
Heaven knows I've tried

Don't let him in,
don't let him see
Be the good boss you always have to be
Conceal, don't feel,
don't let him know
Well now he knows

Let you go, let you go
Can't hold me back anymore

Let you go, let you go
send you out and slam the door
I don't care
what you're going to say
You don’t do your job
You’ve always really bothered me anyway

It's funny how you do
everything wrong, even the small
-est things starting to get to me
Can't handle you at all

It's time to see what I will do
You test the limits and break through
Not right, you’re wrong, no bad techs for me,
I'm free!

Let you go, let you go
I am one with the rules and it’s why
I Let you go, let you go
You'll never see me, bye!
Here I stand
And here I'll stay
Let you go on

My power flurries through the air into clinic ground
My techs are spiraling in frenzied fractals all around
And one thought crystallizes like an icy blast
I'm never hiring you back, the past is in the past

Let you go, let you go
And I'll rise like the break of dawn
Let you go, let you go
That imperfect tech is gone
Here I stand
And you must leave
You must go on

You’ve always really bothered me anyway

Reactions: 15 users
Not yet. But after them singing "Do you want to build a snowman" for a solid 45 minutes the impulse is there.
Can you announce that you're hiring and start interviewing new techs? It may light a fire under their arses while simultaneously giving you an idea of what's out there for possible replacements without any commitment having to be made so soon.

Can you announce that you're hiring and start interviewing new techs? It may light a fire under their arses while simultaneously giving you an idea of what's out there for possible replacements without any commitment having to be made so soon.
We've written him up already so he knows there is an issue

today. yesterday. the day before. all craptastic days.

Monday: at team meeting problem tech decides to focus on all my failings because it's causing a tension and he has talked to the other tech and they are exhausted. said tension is from trying not to explode at him.
Tuesday: tech decides when an emergency comes that he doesn't need to inform me and can order and run tests without my knowledge. And treats a 2nd emergency - rx antibiotic ointment and bandage - and refers them to e-clinic. a student that failed wants to appeal. end the day with migraine starting.
Today: Get up at 4:30 for no reason. he's sick so we can't go over the write up. one of my patients isn't doing well - and the owner doesn't understand. I'm officially sick.

And also
Oh my CHUCK!

I am so pleased with that episode overall. The perfect balance of ribbing and paying homage to the fandom.
So much fanservicing, both in ships and inside jokes