Random Stuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When you're trying to study in the library over lunch and construction workers are banging on the wall

annoyed.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had my first experience with a Chinese crested. I have never been so overwhelmed with the picking urge in my entire life. That dog was COVERED in blackheads. So gross, yet so fascinating.

Reactions: 1 user
I had my first experience with a Chinese crested. I have never been so overwhelmed with the picking urge in my entire life. That dog was COVERED in blackheads. So gross, yet so fascinating.

I briefly met an albino one today...at least I think it was an albino one. It was white and hairless and blech looking.

I briefly met an albino one today...at least I think it was an albino one. It was white and hairless and blech looking.
Their faces are so ugly, that they're cute. If I had one I don't think I'd allow it's acne to get very bad....

When you find out on Facebook about your family's impending move to Florida.

Couldn't figure out where this actually belongs. Maybe Prevet needs a confessional. I am drinking my Bushmills from a wine glass because it is the only clean glass meant for mind altering liquids. The only reason it is clean is because I had to pretend that I know how to keep a clean house because I needed to call my landlord in to replace my water heater and stuck the least dirty dishes in the washer for a test run. The reason there is whiskey in a wine glass is because this will be the worst semester I have pulled since first since first semester and my research is going absolutely horribly right now because I cannot maintain discipline. Still fighting artist vs scientist and right now none of them is winning. Nothing but a sigh for Spring '15.

ETA: the dirtiest dishes went in the cabinet out of sight. :whistle:

Last edited:
sooo its 75F in my bedroom and 65F in my living room. the heat is central and set to 72. set to below 70 and it reaches 64 in the bedrooms. we have sliding glass doors, a front door, and 2 large windows in the living room. i can't eliminate leakage from the door (we tried, the seals just broke off because the door doesnt fit the frame or floor properly). anything else we could try (inexpensively) to insulate? i am scared to think what we are paying for heat because of this... :-/ NC just needs to warm back up. ugh

Members don't see this ad :)
Or use the plastic sealing stuff. It's sold in huge sheets to cut to size.

i've known a decent number of vet students that didnt treat their lungs very well either...how about the heart? corneas?
when I went skiing this week I saw a sign that said (no smoking in ski lifts, and no 'vaping'). I presume a few people were getting high and annoying their fellow skiers with their vapors. :laugh: At least they were treating their lungs well.

Just took the Medical Specialty Selector quiz on here because I'm bored.

81% match with pathology, neurology, and internal medicine-endocrinology and metabolism. I'd actually totally dig pathology or endocrinology. I know it's geared towards med students, but it still consumed about 20 minutes of my free time, so....

sooo its 75F in my bedroom and 65F in my living room. the heat is central and set to 72. set to below 70 and it reaches 64 in the bedrooms. we have sliding glass doors, a front door, and 2 large windows in the living room. i can't eliminate leakage from the door (we tried, the seals just broke off because the door doesnt fit the frame or floor properly). anything else we could try (inexpensively) to insulate? i am scared to think what we are paying for heat because of this... :-/ NC just needs to warm back up. ugh
I saw something online that showed you could ghetto insulate your windows with bubble wrap. Just mist the window with water and stick the bubble wrap on bubble side to the window. Large bubbles work better than small.
http://www.builditsolar.com/Projects/Conservation/bubblewrap.htm

Last edited:
There are also kits you can buy that are just sheets of thin plastic that you tape to your windows, then use a hair dryer to seal. They helped my roommates and I last year. If you do it well, you can see the plastic moving when the wind blows, but you won't feel it :)

Pretty happy with my crafting skills right now
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1424901914.395123.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Some of you need to choose better usernames if you're active on the APVMA Facebook page :rolleyes:

Nothing exciting/dramatic....but I do love connecting the dots:laugh:

tumblr_nkcjuq8Tdr1tnacy1o1_500.jpg

What color is this dress?
Definitely blue and black!

I saw this on FB, anyone willing to explain why everyone is seeing different colors? (Besides potential colorblindness haha)

Okay everyone stop I can't handle this.

Reminds me of when I found out my mom's car is considered silver. I have called it gold for years.

I also see gold and white. Well, more of a silvery color than true white, but definitely not blue and black.

White and goldish... Although already knew about color blindness fun stuff, which would make sense if it's actually blue and black lol...

Idgi. How am i seeing gold/white in one picture, but blue/black in another? Light trick?

I almost understand my dad and son seeing something different because they are male and more likely to be color blind, but pinkpuppy, you are female, right? And you seriously see white and gold? Where is the science behind this? I need to know!
Yep, white and gold here! Although like I said, I've had color definition issues in the past...but idk. It's weird to get blue and black switched with gold and white. Someone please. Explain

OMG. OMG. OMG. IT JUST CHANGED JN FRONT OF MY EYES. OH GOD.

Go to the comments of that link, look at the color corrected photo someone posted, scroll past it then scroll back up slowly.

I forgot what it's called, but there's a color blindness test online where you have to arrange several shades if the same color from darkest to lightest. I cannot do it at ALL.

I just posted about this dress in another thread! I see blue and black. I read in a few places that it's a psychological experiment that has to do with your emotions at the time. Apparently blue and black means there's an event that is affecting you negatively or stressing you out. I have no idea if that's true, but I am definitely stressed waiting on vet school acceptance :O