Random Stuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Gross! Wouldn't it be easier/safer to just throw it away?!

The garlic noodles were actually pretty tasty. And she sends lemon poppy seed muffins and cinnamon bread for them. Heck no we ain't throwing those away! (although I hate lemon poppy seed and the cinnamon is way too much for me in that bread). This woman doesn't send these dogs with any real "dog food".

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Jurassic World: We don't understand how clicker training works and the most developed female character is a velociraptor.

(I did throughly enjoy the movie but those two points grated on me. That and a particular moment between Owen and Claire that felt stupid and unnecessary and only there for fan service.)

Reactions: 3 users
Jurassic World: We don't understand how clicker training works and the most developed female character is a velociraptor.

(I did throughly enjoy the movie but those two points grated on me. That and a particular moment between Owen and Claire that felt stupid and unnecessary and only there for fan service.)
I had the exact same thoughts. It's funny because my bf and I were talking about how it's one of the few movies recently that we could rag on a bit without it diminishing our enjoyment of the movie. The cliche of Claire's character was annoying (look! This woman who cares about her career and therefore is an awful family person!), but I did appreciate that they had her kick ass a bit too.

The clicker training really made me shake my head though. Like, that is not that hard to research.

that plus....we are assuming based on no practical evidence anywhere that a dinosaur would go on an unending rampage just to rampage. What animal works like that in any situation? I mean, seriously? No reptile or bird behaves like that without conserving energy at some point.

that plus....we are assuming based on no practical evidence anywhere that a dinosaur would go on an unending rampage just to rampage. What animal works like that in any situation? I mean, seriously? No reptile or bird behaves like that without conserving energy at some point.
She definitely should have stopped somewhere to take a nap. I give them some leeway on that because scifi I guess.

I get super excited when my roommates make plans to leave the apartment for the weekend, then super sad when I wake up and they're still here.

She definitely should have stopped somewhere to take a nap. I give them some leeway on that because scifi I guess.
it wasn't JUST that though. She wouldn't seek out targets just to kill. especially if scared in a new environment. The animal behaviorist in me was screaming.

I still enjoyed the movie though

Reactions: 1 user
I had the exact same thoughts. It's funny because my bf and I were talking about how it's one of the few movies recently that we could rag on a bit without it diminishing our enjoyment of the movie.

Oh totally agree. And none of my annoyances stopped me from dreaming about Chris Pratt last night.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Saw Jurassic World for the third time today. And I got my "Isla Nublar Veterinary Services" t-shirt in the mail yesterday. Can I be a dinosaur vet?

I got it from RedBubble. I got the heather grey normal medium ladies t-shirt. I cut the collars off my shirts cause I can't really handle things around my neck. It's pretty sweet. I'll post a picture after my phone lives. It's pretty bamf.

And that website!!!!!! I WANT TO BE A DINOSAUR VET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
I got it from RedBubble. I got the heather grey normal medium ladies t-shirt. I cut the collars off my shirts cause I can't really handle things around my neck. It's pretty sweet. I'll post a picture after my phone lives. It's pretty bamf.

And that website!!!!!! I WANT TO BE A DINOSAUR VET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have already claimed being a dragon and unicorn vet. So you better jump on dinosaur before anyone else takes it... ;)

DIBS!!!!!!!!! DIBS ON DINOSAUR VET RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!

$50 to whoever wants to write up my cases for me....
oooh pick me!!

Horsey is a 3 yo gelding that has presented for trying to commit horse suicide. We treated with drugs xyz at doses 123 for 3 days. At the end of day 3, his owner opted to euthanize and help him meet his goals.

Reactions: 3 users
oooh pick me!!

Horsey is a 3 yo gelding that has presented for trying to commit horse suicide. We treated with drugs xyz at doses 123 for 3 days. At the end of day 3, his owner opted to euthanize and help him meet his goals.

And yet doctors don't think they would be willing to do the same for their human patients if the Death of Dignity Act were passed in their state.

Does anyone know how to change your last name on VIN.com? I can't seem to figure it out...

Assuming things haven't changed in the last couple months, you can't change your name on your own. To get a nickname off my profile I just submitted a request on their "contact us" page and they took care of it pretty quickly.

So, sometimes I really want to talk bout stuff but don't really know where to put it. Not really a rave, but not a rant either. Not worth starting a new thread over though. So this is for everything random someone wants to talk about. Hahaha. I'm sorry if there already is something like this. I couldn't find it.

Does SDN have a new design or is my computer just being weird?
Definitely new design. When I was trying to get on SDN a couple hours ago it wouldn't let me, saying they were performing maintenance/updates. Then when I finally could get on it was like this.

Hello - I have been trying to open the VMCAS application website and I kept getting this-->
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem

I have been trying for 2 days. I don't know what else to do. Tried with 3 different browsers and even had someone looked at my computer and I was told there's nothing wrong with my computer. Can anyone help?

Hello - I have been trying to open the VMCAS application website and I kept getting this-->
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

I have been trying for 2 days. I don't know what else to do. Tried with 3 different browsers and even had someone looked at my computer and I was told there's nothing wrong with my computer. Can anyone help?

Random indeed. I wonder if this was supposed to be in the 2020 thread or the VMCAS 2015 thread.

If you check out the class of 2020 thread you'll see that there are quite a few people having trouble accessing the application. The only thing you can really do is contact vmcas directly.

If you check out the class of 2020 thread you'll see that there are quite a few people having trouble accessing the application. The only thing you can really do is contact vmcas directly.

I think this person has "checked" numerous threads..... basically posted the same thing five or six times now. :lame:

MRW I wake up and it's payday, and it's also the first month of loan repayment, rent is due, gas needs to be bought, and I like to eat once in a while.
GasBuddy.gif

Assuming things haven't changed in the last couple months, you can't change your name on your own. To get a nickname off my profile I just submitted a request on their "contact us" page and they took care of it pretty quickly.
Huh, thanks. I think i'll probably just make a new account when I get my new email address from the university with my new name. :)

This weekend my parents are bringing my washing machine to my new place and they're buying me a dryer as an early birthday present. I'm very excited to finally have my own washer and dryer.

I've also decided to paint the main living/dining space in my rental. The current paint is extremely cheap and absorbs liquids too easily (as I found out when trying to scrub marks off the wall). Luckily, I like painting and I don't mind spending $40 bucks on a couple gallons of paint. In a perfect world, my rental company would have taken care of this, but I decided not to push the issue because I'm not convinced, based on the current paint job, that whoever they hire will do it right - like taping around baseboards and face plates, using a brush for edging, not dribbling paint all over the place, etc. I'm a bit of a perfectionist about my living spaces and before I go headlong into the decorating process I want a clean, neutral base.

I've also decided to paint the main living/dining space in my rental. The current paint is extremely cheap and absorbs liquids too easily (as I found out when trying to scrub marks off the wall). Luckily, I like painting and I don't mind spending $40 bucks on a couple gallons of paint. L.

Please please please come paint my house. I'll pay! I hate painting.

My last day at the clinic I worked at for three years was June 26th. I was on vacation from June 27th-July 4th. Between July 4th and now I have been without a car. When I left I didn't get anything for the clinic (just hugged everyone goodbye, said thank you etc.). I'm leaving this Saturday or Sunday to drive to Alabama to settle in before school starts but I feel bad having not got anything for the clinic. Would it be okay to have my dad drop of flowers from a florist with a handwritten thank you card from me when he comes back (from helping me move) the week of July 19th? I would drop it off personally but I don't think I will have my car by tonight. Also, the doctor is a guy, is it weird to get flowers?

My last day at the clinic I worked at for three years was June 26th. I was on vacation from June 27th-July 4th. Between July 4th and now I have been without a car. When I left I didn't get anything for the clinic (just hugged everyone goodbye, said thank you etc.). I'm leaving this Saturday or Sunday to drive to Alabama to settle in before school starts but I feel bad having not got anything for the clinic. Would it be okay to have my dad drop of flowers from a florist with a handwritten thank you card from me when he comes back (from helping me move) the week of July 19th? I would drop it off personally but I don't think I will have my car by tonight. Also, the doctor is a guy, is it weird to get flowers?
Consider an edible arrangements! They can be a little pricey but you can get it delivered and add a personalized note. And I doubt the doctor will oppose some delicious fruit

This has been brought up on this thread before, but how are you ladies handling maiden -> married name changes? I'd really like to stay Dr. maiden name, but my bf wants me to be Mrs. married name badly. If any of you do this, does it cause any confusion in legal/financial matters? If you did change your name, did you have to change anything for your veterinary license?

This has been brought up on this thread before, but how are you ladies handling maiden -> married name changes? I'd really like to stay Dr. maiden name, but my bf wants me to be Mrs. married name badly. If any of you do this, does it cause any confusion in legal/financial matters? If you did change your name, did you have to change anything for your veterinary license?
I think what you want is way more important than what he wants in this situation. I tend to be kind of cynical when it comes to last name stuff though.

I gave my son his father's last name when he was born, despite my mom advising me otherwise. His father was only around a few years and then skipped town. I loathed being called "Mrs ExBF", and it happened all the time. One day my son asked why he didn't have my last name and expressed that he'd really like to. I waited several more years, but eventually went through with changing his name, which was costly and time consuming. Most people don't even realize he ever had a different last name now. He, my family and I are all much happier now and I wish I had listened to my mom initially, or even just was willing to put my foot down with the ex.

Basically the point of that was, if you want to be Dr maiden name, then that is what you should do, because if you ever get a divorce from current BF (not that you will, but it happens) you may really resent being Dr married name, and it will be a pain to change it over (from what I was told by a vet that got married after vet school.)

This has been brought up on this thread before, but how are you ladies handling maiden -> married name changes? I'd really like to stay Dr. maiden name, but my bf wants me to be Mrs. married name badly.
My response to this would be "Oh hells to the no". Wanting me to give up a) the name I've had since I was born plus b) the title I've worked my ass off for to stroke his ego would be a gigantic NO. And would probably make me rethink my relationship with him, because to me, it shows a massive lack of respect.