Random Stuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just installed roller coaster tycoon on my computer for some nostalgia and this showed up in the readme file:

Ideal System Requirements: (for ultimate game performance)
Pentium II 350 CPU
Windows 95/98
64 MB RAM
8X CD ROM DRIVE
at least 200 MB free hard drive space
4 MB accelerated SVGA card
Windows 95 compatible Sound Card
DirectX 5.0 (included on CD)
Mouse

Aww. Don't worry little game, I have at least 200mb for you to store yourself on.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Ideal System Requirements: (for ultimate game performance)
Pentium II 350 CPU
Windows 95/98
64 MB RAM
8X CD ROM DRIVE
at least 200 MB free hard drive space
4 MB accelerated SVGA card
Windows 95 compatible Sound Card
DirectX 5.0 (included on CD)
Mouse

Aww. Don't worry little game, I have at least 200mb for you to store yourself on.

This was a literal lol moment

Members don't see this ad :)
Love both rollercoaster and zoo tycoon! I even tried Cruise Ship tycoon but it just wasn't the same at all.

How about Legend of the Zoombinis? Please tell me someone else played that.

I played a lot of the tycoons, Zoombinis, Dogz, Catz, a game I got in a Chex cereal box, Princess Maker, Age of Empires/Mythology, and more that I can't think of. I still have every single game, too.

Reactions: 1 user
Tycoons, the Dogz and Catz games... I may have downloaded some "additional" "non-official" add-ons for the dogz and catz games... but it gave me so many cool creatures... I had dragons.

:)

Damn, now I want to play these games again but don't want to cause my computer to explode attempting to run them.

To think computers are phasing out CD drives....such a shame

I used to cheat SOOO much on zoo tycoon. Loved that game though.

I used to cheat SOOO much on zoo tycoon. Loved that game though.

There were so many glitches in the game. Some of the older versions people would get stuck in places then start complaining about things. I used to feed angry people to various predators.... lions, tigers, bears... :eek:

omg you guys, petz... :D I can talk forever about dogz and catz! Sooo many hours of my preteen years were spent patrolling petz sites looking to download new things over dial-up. Still check relevant forums sometimes too...

I actually just got VMWare working on my laptop a week ago, to emulate Win98 so that I can replay old junk (mine is one of the few modern laptops that still has a CD drive, so I can either find .ISOs or install my own old discs where possible).

One old game that I played back in the zoo tycoon era was called Vet Emergency, I just found the disc again. I'm not even gonna lie, that game taught me some stuff and has on occasion actually helped me understand what's going on in classes/real life when it comes to several diagnoses and treatments! I should try playing it again on a harder mode now that I'm older and more knowledgeable, LOL. I was like 10 when I got it and even on "easy" mode had no idea how to use some of the instruments or terminology, so it would crush me whenever I got a "bad end" video after a case! I think I did pretty well for a kid, though ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
omg you guys, petz... :D I can talk forever about dogz and catz! Sooo many hours of my preteen years were spent patrolling petz sites looking to download new things over dial-up. Still check relevant forums sometimes too...

I actually just got VMWare working on my laptop a week ago, to emulate Win98 so that I can replay old junk (mine is one of the few modern laptops that still has a CD drive, so I can either find .ISOs or install my own old discs where possible).

One old game that I played back in the zoo tycoon era was called Vet Emergency, I just found the disc again. I'm not even gonna lie, that game taught me some stuff and has on occasion actually helped me understand what's going on in classes/real life when it comes to several diagnoses and treatments! I should try playing it again on a harder mode now that I'm older and more knowledgeable, LOL. I was like 10 when I got it and even on "easy" mode had no idea how to use some of the instruments or terminology, so it would crush me whenever I got a "bad end" video after a case! I think I did pretty well for a kid, though ;)

You're not alone - this is one of the shelves at the library at school:

jv2A9yd.jpg

:p

Reactions: 5 users

I also had the vet emergency game.

You're not alone - this is one of the shelves at the library at school:

jv2A9yd.jpg

:p
AHHH AND IT'S IN THERE AMONG THE OTHER VET GAMES!! (f'ing incredible)

Never got my hands on Vet Emergency 2 though...wonder if I can still find it or if it's as good. Most of the other vet games here were after my time and more on the childish side, which probably would've been more suitable for me than VE had they existed back then... (vet emergency had an "expert" mode meant for people already familiar with advanced medical terminology!)

AHHH AND IT'S IN THERE AMONG THE OTHER VET GAMES!! (f'ing incredible)

Never got my hands on Vet Emergency 2 though...wonder if I can still find it or if it's as good. Most of the other vet games here were after my time and more on the childish side, which probably would've been more suitable for me than VE had they existed back then... (vet emergency had an "expert" mode meant for people already familiar with advanced medical terminology!)

I had number 2 but never had the original. Lol

I also had the vet emergency game.
I have that too! I have sooo many games, I feel bad for my parents now. I should go dig the box up and see what else I'm forgetting.

I need that zoo vet game!

I played a lot of the tycoons, Zoombinis, Dogz, Catz, a game I got in a Chex cereal box, Princess Maker, Age of Empires/Mythology, and more that I can't think of. I still have every single game, too.
I played zoo tycoon religiously (with the marine and dino expansions of course).
Also, the game from the Chex box! The one where you like shoot aliens or something and you're a Chex square person? I loved that game!

I played zoo tycoon religiously (with the marine and dino expansions of course).
Also, the game from the Chex box! The one where you like shoot aliens or something and you're a Chex square person? I loved that game!
Yes!!! OMG haha this thread took the best turn

Who knew a free game from a cereal box could be so fun? I seriously beat that game a few times... Now I want to see if I can find it somewhere...
I got pretty far when I was older, but I don't think I ever beat it. I'm sure we still have it...I wonder if it'd even run on today's computers. Seriously awesome game.

@wheelin2vetmed you need to make your school do this! (Sorry the picture is so giant, I don't know how to make it smaller)
View attachment 197826

I was taken to lunch yesterday by the head of my college because I guess I'm an "outstanding senior." Anyways, I brought up the fact that my dog should get an honorary degree. I could tell by the vibe and his enthusiastic response that he's totally down. I have a feeling it's going to happen.

I wasn't going to go to any graduation ceremonies because I have zero desire to sit in a stadium for 5 weeks and listen to names, but now I'm going because it's a small college-only event. I ordered a kids cap and gown for Corky on Amazon this morning.

Reactions: 11 users
I have the Legend of the Zoombinis as a disk image (ISO) file. I can upload and share if anyone wants.

Bit the bullet and just signed up for my first half marathon...training throughout the winter is going to suck but I wanted to do one before possibly leaving Philly.

Here is some brain bleach for anyone that visited the above link...

Except, of course, I have to wonder if he has a respiratory issue or something. But he seems happy and comfortable.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm still crying every time I think about my old man dog. Should not have read the thing. Thought I was tough. Brindle boy says no.

Hi! Random question unrelated to entertaining youtube videos lol... If I started a new job since we submitted VMCAS applications in September, does anyone know if I am supposed to update the VMCAS activity, email each school I applied to, or just wait until interviews? Or does it just depend on the school? Thanks!

Hi! Random question unrelated to entertaining youtube videos lol... If I started a new job since we submitted VMCAS applications in September, does anyone know if I am supposed to update the VMCAS activity, email each school I applied to, or just wait until interviews? Or does it just depend on the school? Thanks!
At this point, since most of the schools have already pulled applications from VMCAS, I don't think updating that will do any good.

I would email or call the schools you applied to and see what they say. Some schools will let you submit a description of the job/experience and they will attach it to your file for review. Other schools will tell you that they will not accept additions to your file after the deadline. If the second situation is the case, then you can't really do anything else but talk about your job during your potential interview.

I've tried the same thing and was a little disappointed if they wouldn't let me add an experience. Just FYI, out of the schools I applied to, Purdue and CSU will not accept new additions to your file.

Hey xTineTH, thanks for the answer. I applied to a loootta schools so I'll try some of them then!

I know this is going back a bit, but the game from the Chex box is called "Chex Quest" and is available to download for free online. In case you want a massive blast of nostalgia.

Reactions: 3 users
I know this is going back a bit, but the game from the Chex box is called "Chex Quest" and is available to download for free online. In case you want a massive blast of nostalgia.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Guess what I'm doing over break!

Reactions: 1 users
For anyone looking for a cheap DIY ugly Christmas sweater idea, buy a cheap solid color sweater & cheap Christmas stockings. Sew stockings to the sweater = instant ugly sweater that you can even put stuff in like candy canes or whatever. Dazzle it up with garland and small ornaments if you'd like.