Random Stuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rather disappointed with the Budweiser commercial this year, I must say. More Clydesdales and puppies, please.

clydesdale-still.jpg
I was so bummed. Saw the first shot of the Clydesdales and got all excited and then they let me down. I guess that Heinz commercial is my favorite this year.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was so bummed. Saw the first shot of the Clydesdales and got all excited and then they let me down. I guess that Heinz commercial is my favorite this year.
The one that got me was the Taco Bell one that had the line about "football, real football" after kicking a soccer ball. Almost choked on my drink when that happened.

Reactions: 1 users
Love the Super Bowl Babies commercials.

Maybe my sense of humor is dumb, but puppymonkeybaby had me rollingggggg laughing

How is everyone celebrating Fat Tuesday?! Please describe. Bonus points for pictures of food.

I'm getting Pizza Hut :D

How is everyone celebrating Fat Tuesday?! Please describe. Bonus points for pictures of food.

Oh... Today's Fat Tuesday and I haven't eaten today... Joy lol

Oh... Today's Fat Tuesday and I haven't eaten today... Joy lol
I just look forward to this day all year....that's all :p I actually haven't eaten yet either, but it's my own fault for waking up late and not grabbing some food to shove in my backpack.

I was going to make pancakes, because well, pancake day. But I just shovelled out my car and now anything more involved than microwaving food sounds too difficult.
I had never heard of pancake day until today. My roomie is from the East coast, is that where you are as well? Where I'm from, it's Paczki day :love:

I celebrated a fat Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I think it's safe to say I will be skipping the Fat Tuesday :p

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
rUAsMiu.jpg

Totally a random post, but I found a friend in a blood smear today. :D

(and you guys are making me hungry... pierogies for dinner~)

I had never heard of pancake day until today. My roomie is from the East coast, is that where you are as well? Where I'm from, it's Paczki day :love:
I haven't been in MI in almost a decade, but I still miss paczkis every year at this time. My family's filling my Facebook feed with them to rub it in

My location is in my profile under my avatar. ;)
Wasn't sure if it was current....mine isn't :)
I haven't been in MI in almost a decade, but I still miss paczkis every year at this time. My family's filling my Facebook feed with them to rub it in
Yeah, there's no Polish community where I am now! It's terrible. I bought some from a store and they weren't even close to good.

rUAsMiu.jpg

Totally a random post, but I found a friend in a blood smear today. :D

(and you guys are making me hungry... pierogies for dinner~)

The only thing I can tell you for certain about that is that there are nucleated RBC's... and it means some avian or reptilian exotic and I go....

tumblr_no53faXhJR1tq4of6o1_500.gif

The only thing I can tell you for certain about that is that there are nucleated RBC's... and it means some avian or reptilian exotic and I go....

tumblr_no53faXhJR1tq4of6o1_500.gif

I'm in raptor medicine, take your pick between the badass reptile and the perhaps slightly less badass avian. :p

Am I supposed to know what that is?

I personally had no idea. It's leucocytozoon, though, from a red-tailed hawk.

I'm in raptor medicine, take your pick between the badass reptile and the perhaps slightly less badass avian. :p

I just had a lecture about that, too...

Haemoproteus gives hugs. Plasmodium pushes. Leukcytozoons look weird. That's all I remember, lol.

So it's a bird thing. So I don't need to know what it is. Awesome. (Although honestly, I'm horrible with blood parasites in general because they just aren't a thing around here. )

So it's a bird thing. So I don't need to know what it is. Awesome. (Although honestly, I'm horrible with blood parasites in general because they just aren't a thing around here. )

We found babesia in a pup on ER last week! I didn't take a picture, though. I actually suck at most clin path-y things so it's been an exciting couple weeks, haha.

I just look forward to this day all year....that's all :p I actually haven't eaten yet either, but it's my own fault for waking up late and not grabbing some food to shove in my backpack.

Fixed it... Got a venti caramel frappucino from Starbucks to get into thesis writing mode!

hahahaha, but you treat large animals, don't you? (or am I confusing you w/ someone else)
We do (or we will be soon). But the babesias and the anaplasmas and stuff just aren't common in this area. Our 4DXs are generally run for suspicion of lyme disease rather than the other three diseases.

We do (or we will be soon). But the babesias and the anaplasmas and stuff just aren't common in this area. Our 4DXs are generally run for suspicion of lyme disease rather than the other three diseases.
my point was nopenopenope to equine med

my point was nopenopenope to equine med
Ooohhh. I get you now.

And I will take an angry horse over a parrot or raptor any day. I do the occassional song bird or gull or duck or pigeon when they're brought in to the clinic but I will pass a budgie or parrot off to another doctor so fast it'll make your head spin.

Ooohhh. I get you now.

And I will take an angry horse over a parrot or raptor any day. I do the occassional song bird or gull or duck or pigeon when they're brought in to the clinic but I will pass a budgie or parrot off to another doctor so fast it'll make your head spin.
I will take an angry anything over an angry macaw. But raptors? I love working with them. I just don't like pet birds much cuz I'm weird.

I will take an angry anything over an angry macaw. But raptors? I love working with them. I just don't like pet birds much cuz I'm weird.

Saaaaame. Any parrot bigger than eclectus-y size and I get mildly nervous, but I'm down with grabbing any size bird of prey. Loved the albatross I treated a couple summers back, too, who was super duper impressive from a size perspective. :)

Saaaaame. Any parrot bigger than eclectus-y size and I get mildly nervous, but I'm down with grabbing any size bird of prey. Loved the albatross I treated a couple summers back, too, who was super duper impressive from a size perspective. :)
I feel like raptors are more predictable.

I'm way more scared of parrots and other pet birds than I am of raptors! As long as you have those talons secure, you're golden. Rarely even have to worry about the beak. Macaws... Not so much.

Last edited:
We found babesia in a pup on ER last week! I didn't take a picture, though. I actually suck at most clin path-y things so it's been an exciting couple weeks, haha.
Babesia is my second favorite blood parasite! Hemoparasites are my favorite part of clin path. And that is saying a lot because I love almost all of clin path.